Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish my Epson Photo EX made the jump to OS X -but can't seem to krack or work around it...

I NEED a new home printer - with comsumables that won't break the bank!

Staples has a great deal advertised for a Epson CX3200 all in one after all rebates (instore + mail in) will come in around $97 cdn. (ref $179). Reviews seem good + Panther supported (driver built-in)

Anyone have one? or recommend another?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Epson has a serial connection (Used with previous G3)
Also have Keyspan serial adapter - but printer still isn't pickep up.... Have tried GIMP-PRINT - but can't get the "Advanced" option to display in the AD printer selection...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Jeff,

I just picked up an Epson CX3200 printer. It's awesome! Works flawlessly under Panther & the price is certainly right. No complaints.

Cheers,
Darren

·
Registered
993 Posts
I recently bought a Canon i850 at Staples for $149. It's the second Canon I've owned, and I can't recommend them enough. Excellent print quality, fast and most of all, very economical on ink (cost per page of their 4-ink systems is about half that of Epsons and HP's unless they have changed greatly in the last year). Works fine with Panther.

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
Canon is your best bet,
I have a Canon S520...Works great in OS X.
It'll even run with just the black cartridge installed,
Or with all 4 cartridges installed for colour printing.

Very versatile printers.

Dave :cool:

·
Canadian By Choice
117,524 Posts
I agree with both Fox and Dave, in that I have a Canon i950 and it gives me pictures (even with my 2MP Kodak digital camera) that are photo-lab quality.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the posts

Past experience - have no problem with EPSON and Canon, it's been some years but would consider too.

As for the Gimp_Print drivers - can't get the print center to see the printer (got the advanced to work - but thanks all)- to select it (serial printer?)... oh well - maybe I'll find it a new home...

Jeff

I'll look for all printers as XMAS rool along - maybe see a good deal?....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts