Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· R.I.P. Don - 06/21/2020
87,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since yesterday's software upgrade, ehMac is behaving differently, at least on my computer.

It used to be when I posted a message, the screen would advance to my most recent post, being the last in the thread.

This is no longer the case. All I see now is the small "Apple Gear Cog" spin at the bottom of the reply box which suddenly disappears and the page does not advance. One now has to scroll down and select the forum title of the thread you just posted in to see the result.

Anyone else notice this? My thoughts are that this is why I am seeing double posts in some threads.

Somehow, I can't see this as being progress, rather it makes checking your post that much more cumbersome, or am I not understanding something here?

87,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Test failed. When I post using the "Post Quick Reply" button, I still see the small cog wheel spinning until it disappears, then I have to scroll down and click "Everything Else eh? and reselect this thread to see my post.

I am running 10.4.9 on a MacBook Pro 1.83 Ghz.

87,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I too think it cluttered with the addition of the sub forums. Especially the CBC/CTV things. I kept a desk widget for this purpose and would start a thread if the subject interested me. Posting a new thread for every single CBC/CTV headline can be described as "going overboard". Who has time to go through that many threads, most of which would never see the light of day in the Everything Else eh forum? I doubt I will bother searching through them all.

87,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I must agree with SINC. When I fired up this morning my RSS reader showed news headlines for ehMac. I thought that either someone had gone overboard with news related threads or it (RSS) was somehow broken.
I just checked my RSS, which I only do a few times a day and I see what you mean. That few times a day will now become zero. Far too much information that does not interest me.

I will simply continue to scan "Everything Else eh?" for items that interest me and post anything there that catches my eye as I make my normal rounds of the news sites.

I would far rather scan the CBC or CTV site with associated sidebars, pictures or video than wade through so much thread topic text, just like I do CNN, Global, Globe & Mail, The Star, Fark and the others I frequent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.