Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bit the bullet and purchased the new iPhone SE3 (2022). Smaller form factor, 4.7" screen and only fingerprint reader instead of facial recognition. Neither are a problem for me coming from a 6s with the same dimension and fingerprint reader. Not sure about the facial recognition because my granddaughter can open her mom's phone using facial recognition. :eek:

First impressions are it is more responsive than my old phone. It does not bog down or restart itself when trying to use some apps and features like the old one has been doing. With the old phone, my daily use would only get 1 1/2 to 2 days on a charge, and that was only if I put the phone in low power mode as soon as I unplugged. I got this one this past Wednesday and after all the setup functions, and futzing around checking things, even a little internet browsing (which I never did on the old one), and I am still sitting at 43% battery. Sounds like I'll be getting 5+ days on a charge. I'll update after my next full charge.

·
Administrator
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Having a 100% battery health sure helps over the 79% I was working with. Went from Wednesday to this morning without having to charge, while using the phone much more than I usually do to set everything up. Battery was still at 14% charge when I plugged it in this morning because we are going out today. Hope to use it till it dies this week to see how long I get.

·
Administrator
231 Posts
Having a 100% battery health sure helps over the 79% I was working with. Went from Wednesday to this morning without having to charge, while using the phone much more than I usually do to set everything up. Battery was still at 14% charge when I plugged it in this morning because we are going out today. Hope to use it till it dies this week to see how long I get.
That’s awesome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts