Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
14,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
b/w G3, 500 Mhz, 512 Mb RAM, ATI 128 Rage Pro, OS 9.2.1

update your OS to 9.2.2 to get the OpenGL 1.2.4.

The website says it should work with 9.2.1 and OpenGL 1.2.2 but doesn't - they blame it on 3rd party upgrade CPU's - bah !!! silly techs!!!!

I also updated OpenGLRendererATI from 1.2.5 to 1.3.3 via ATI's download driver website.

I am now happily realMYST-y eyed.....

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Realmyst looks nice, but otherwise it is pretty much the same gameplay as the original with one new section
I did enjoy Riven, I bought Exile but still have not played all the way through.
Myst 4 is on its way and should be pretty cool. also a new game called Myst online, a massive multiplayer new world is nearing completion and should be out this summer.. Im into adventure games but there are so few.
Schizm will not be coming to the Mac, I just picked up Shenmue to play on Dreamcast. I feel abandondoned by the game makers, dozens of fps and not much adventure, there ar some new titles that may come out some day though like Abducted which looks pretty nice.
Mark

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Hey this news just came in ...

Cyan announced on Wednesday that the official name for their next game (previously called Myst Online) will be Uru: Online Ages Beyond MYST, and that it will be released in late 2003.

Very interesting...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
ColdStone game Engine from Beenox (A Canadian company, BTW) provides a game engine that can MAKE games. With tools like this, anyone can become a game-maker. Alas, if I had the time, I'd begin my own adventure game, as I am a bit of an RPG nut myself.

And with the sad news on NeverWinterNights for Mac (The toolset will not be ported, due to stupidly complex code in Mac-unfriendly Borland and OmniGroup estimating over a year to complete such a port, may just fan the flames of dissent and get people to jump into their own creations!

Mmmm... Mac-Only Adventure Games that Don't Suck... :cool:

·
Banned
14,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i bought realMYST cause i lost my MYST and finished Riven and Exile.

It is nice to go back down memory lane to where it all started....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.