ehMac banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
There will be, always, a way to hack the iPhone moving forward. Only when the hardware is changed will the hacking get more difficult again. You will see, within a matter of days if not hours, that the unlock/activation process now available will be restored with the newest software update.

The Dev team has, with each passing day, learned more about the internals of the Phone and the way in which the system operates. Any changes in software updates can be analyzed and compared, and its modifications found easily.

Apple is certainly obliged in contract with AT&T to make a 'vocal' effort to maintain their partnership through exclusivity protection actions.

But keep in mind everyone that unlocking a phone is NOT illegal in the U.S., or Canada for the matter. If it can be proven that the software based modifications do not damage hardware or hardware functionality, and that the phone's legitimate use has been thwarted by Apple Inc., lawsuits will eventually be filed and Apple will lose.
I've read comments all over the internet about what Apple said and I think you have to understand there is a tinge of schadenfreude going on in quite a bit of them. ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would definetly boycott apple , sell my gear and tell my family and friends to do the same.

I dont even own an iPhone , Apple is within its rights to revoke warranty.
But they can't destroy other peoples property just because they didn't operate it in the way apple wanted.

Anyone who says Apple is justified is a major fanboy with no spine. Thats bullshit a company ruining your personal property to enforce a contract THEY made with someone else.
Wow...talk about over-dramatic! Dude, chill out! You obviously don't understand business. Apple and AT&T have a deal. Exclusive. They're not FORCING people to update their firmware, but they need to do something to stay somewhat true to their deal.

And yes, it's true. I'm an Apple fanboy; no spine, questionable. Anyone with an account on this message board is a fanboy/girl. Including you.

If you're still going to sell the Apple products of your friends and family (like you mentioned), please list the products and prices here. I'll be happy to buy!! :) Who's with me? lol :lmao:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I may be digressing, but I find it both confusing and infuriating why Apple is releasing the iPhone in the UK and Europe before Canada?

Rogers is virtually Canada's AT&T, you'd think Canadians would have got the iPhone at the same time as Americans let alone after the European release!

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
AT&T sold most if not all their stakes in Rogers. Maybe the Canadian cell phone territory is indeed a difficult one to compete in.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts