Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I have come across a website that seems really legit and if so, it would give some of the best deals around. I saw the ad for it either in MacWorld or MacAddict April's issue... I can't remember which one.

Marbella Group Purchase Program

Let's spread the word on this one! :D

Take it easy,

Neema
---------
PowerMac G4 Dual 867mhz, 512ram, 120gb, ATI Radeon 9000, SuperDrive

·
Registered
719 Posts
Did you read the fine print?

You pay a $250 US up front handling fee. Then you have to pay for the machine and shipping, taxes and duties.

And they do not say what the actual price of the machine will be. It could be full retail.

Given that the margins on Apple products are in the 5% range for resellers, I find it had to belive that you will actually save money on this.

But do us all a favour, take one for the team, order a PMac and tell us how it goes.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 250 us is put towards the cost of the system and if you look in the reserve a system category all the est. prices are there.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
from the above mentioned website:

"February 9, 2003
Apology

We wanted to consume a few lines on our new site and publicly apologize to a certain hardware manufacturer (they know who they are) for using images of your machines on our site.  We assumed that images of the computers would be allowed since everyone else was using them on other sites and hundreds of auctions.  We did our best to stay away from logos and those types of things.  We hope you like the changes.

February 8, 2003
Website Face Lift

Long story short, we made a certain manufacturer a bit upset by using photos of their machines.  So, we offered to take down our site and give it a major overhaul.  From this point on, no mention of any system manufacturer or anything even resembling a trademark will ever be seen on our site."
----------------------------
Doesn't really build up much confidence in my eyes.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey Folks:

Check out this thread from FatWallet.com. What a work! FatWallet thread

(I'm glad I have a good relationship with a Apple dealer or two...)

John

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Wow - thanks for that link, JohnnyG4. I read all the way to the final comment by hidingidentity:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> This guy is advertising in macaddict magazine now. I was shocked when I read it. Full page ad about the purchase program. It's ridiculous that macaddict doesn't care about anything but the money. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's amazing that a scam can just sit there in plain view for so long.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Elmer:

No problem about the link!

Obviously MacAddict doesn't know who this guy is. When I read the top of this thread, a thread I read at Macintouch rang a bell.

If there's anyone who knows how advertising in magazines works (do they sell blocks out to third parties for example) it would be interesting to hear any comments. Maybe the guy came in a 'backdoor'?

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts