Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The physicist of our time....

Stephen Hawking dies aged 76

World renowned physicist Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76.

He died peacefully at his home in Cambridge in the early hours of Wednesday, his family said.

The Briton was known for his work with black holes and relativity, and wrote several popular science books including A Brief History of Time.

At the age of 22 Prof Hawking was given only a few years to live after being diagnosed with a rare form of motor neurone disease.

* * *​

In a statement his children, Lucy, Robert and Tim, said: "We are deeply saddened that our beloved father passed away today.

"He was a great scientist and an extraordinary man whose work and legacy will live on for many years."

They praised his "courage and persistence" and said his "brilliance and humour" inspired people across the world.

"He once said, 'It would not be much of a universe if it wasn't home to the people you love.' We will miss him forever."

(BBC)​

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts
Loss of a great scientific mind! U.Cambridge announcement here.
Yep and a man who lived on borrowed time for over fifty years. That achievement alone deserves a big round of applause.:clap:

·
Canadian By Choice
117,022 Posts
Such a brilliant and great person and scientist, who brought us knowledge and laughter. He shall be missed. :(

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
I respected him as a theoretical physicist.

I could have done without his latter life politics.

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
I don't quite get the cartoon.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
Hawking, in death, has traded up from a wheelchair to a Tesla, now exploring the universe he spent a lifetime contemplating. I don't think it needs to be any deeper than that....?
It seems strange to attribute such an afterlife to an atheist.

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts