Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The way 2016 is going, we're all going to be lucky to get out of it alive.... :-(

Ron Glass, of Firefly and Barney Miller fame, as passed away at 71.

Glass' co-star in Barney Miller, the seemingly immortal Abe Vigoda, in fact passed away in January this year.

Browncoats everywhere are lowering their flags to half staff today as word has come out that Emmy-nominated actor Ron Glass has passed away at the age of 71. One of Glass’ agents is confirming his passing and Friends have already been reporting that he is thought to have passed away peacefully at his Los Angeles home yesterday.​

(Bleeding Cool)

Firefly fans remember him as the somewhat flexible preacher, Shepherd Book:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPXuy2i4Mdo[/ame]

Details via Variety.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,390 Posts
Yes, I just saw this on CNN. Loved his role as Lt. Harris on The Barney Miller show.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,390 Posts
Yep, he was great on Barney Miller!
Agreed. :clap::clap: Loved Abe Vagoda's role as Lt. Phil Fish as well.

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This from Glass' co-star Jewel Staite (Kaylee Fry in Firefly):

jewelstaite This is me acting like an idiot just so I could hear Ron Glass laugh.

(pic: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSkhsIAfir/)

He was the kind of person that remembered the details, that asked about your family's well-being. He hugged hard and often. He would laugh till he cried at a sick joke and top it with a worse one. He loved a Grey Goose crantini and spilled one on my white jeans in the heat of telling a story, and then just said, "Girl, those were ugly pants anyway." I adored him. Everybody did. I love you, Ron. Can't wait to see you again. "I don't care what you believe. Just believe it."

·
Canadian By Choice
117,390 Posts
They were all wonderful in the series and my favourite was the episode when they ate the 'brownies"! :clap::lmao:
Yes, a classic episode.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts