1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goddamnit, 2016.... :(

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsKqMNDoR4o[/ame]

George Michael: Pop superstar dies at 53

Singer George Michael has died at the age of 53, his publicist has said.

The star, who launched his career with Wham! in the 1980s and continued his success as a solo performer, is said to have "passed away peacefully at home" in Goring, Oxfordshire.

Thames Valley Police say they are treating the death as unexplained but there were no suspicious circumstances.

(BBC)

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
yeah, 2016 sucks!! Rest in peace..

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
i grew up to his music - still am a fan. RIP

·
Premium Member
17,860 Posts
The postmortem is inconclusive. If it were drugs it would be pretty obvious as they would still have been in his system and would have showed up in the blood work.
From the article:
Among the range of tests carried out after inconclusive post-mortem examinations is a toxicology report which looks at blood and tissue to establish whether any toxic substances contributed to the death.
The test - which can take between six to eight weeks to complete - looks at prescription drugs, illegal drugs, alcohol and any other chemical substances which the toxicologist has been instructed to test for.

·
Premium Member
18,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
George Michael’s official cause of death revealed

On Tuesday, the British coroner put all of the rumours to rest when he concluded that Michael died of natural causes as the result of heart disease and a fatty liver.

Darren Salter, senior coroner for the county of Oxfordshire in southern England, said a postmortem has found that the singer died of “dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver.”

Dilated cardiomyopathy is a condition in which the left ventricle of the heart becomes stretched and weakened, limiting the heart’s ability to pump blood. Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle. An initial autopsy failed to determine the cause of death.

Salter said that because Michael died of natural causes, there will be no coroner’s inquest or further inquiries.

·
Premium Member
20,722 Posts
I heard that today on CBC Radio One, so no it isn't "drugs, always drugs" like I indicated before. Famous people don't all die from drugs or suicide... Some also die in airplane crashes sometimes many at a time.

I am glad to see that he died from an existing health condition rather than from something that may despoil his name.

I hated Wham and all their music but once he went solo he was brilliant. So anyway, I am very happy to hear this news just because it settles the issue and that he did not die from some sort of substance abuse.

May he finally RIP, without the slings and arrows from those who knew nothing but were all too ready to pass judgement.

·
Premium Member
20,722 Posts
Cardiomyopathy can be caused by drug abuse but certainly his death was not caused by a single overdose.
Agreed.

There are all kinds of things that we can die from by over consuming... too much fat, too much alcohol, too much sugar, too much salt, etc., etc, etc. and of course other countless drugs that alter your perception in one way or another.

That is why people do it around the world. Rich or poor, they/we/I want to escape from either a current situation or a certain state of mind... at least for a little while and sometimes longer.

Unhappiness, suffering, resentment, disappointment, fear, anxiety, depression, discontent, destitution, genetics, etc., etc., etc. are the problems. Addictive behaviors are based on those factors and probably many more that have not yet been identified.

Obviously not everyone reacts to those feelings and situations by becoming addicted to one substance or another, some overcome and move on to better and greater things and they should be applauded for it. But there are many, many good people who for whatever reason cannot overcome, either in the short term or the long term. They are ill and should not be dismissed and thrown out like trash. They still deserve the basic decency and respect of any non-addict, because this is the only way that they have a way to move forward.

Don't judge, just accept and help if you can. Often times you can't, but it is a good thing just to have the desire to do so.

Just IMO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.