Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If there was ever a dingbat who could make you laugh and cry simultaneously, it was this woman....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

'All in the Family' star Jean Stapleton dies at 90

It's interesting how an actor can become so defined by a single character. I've just read through a number of articles on her passing... I didn't realize just how much she wanted to leave Edith behind, rejecting please from Norman Lear ("All in the Family" producer) to stay with the show (Edith was written out, having died of a stroke and O'Conner carried on for three more years with "Archie Bunker's Place").

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
What a wonderful tv character!!! ... we've been presently working our way through the entire series of 'All in the Family' (via the dvd collection) and have so-enjoyed her character, and how she acted/portrayed her "growth" as the series progressed.
When we watch tonight .. we will definitely have a tear in our eyes, and a choke in our throats.
RIP Jean Stapleton .. we so loved what you did, and did so well.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
What a wonderful tv character!!! ... we've been presently working our way through the entire series of 'All in the Family' (via the dvd collection) and have so-enjoyed her character, and how she acted/portrayed her "growth" as the series progressed.
When we watch tonight .. we will definitely have a tear in our eyes, and a choke in our throats.
RIP Jean Stapleton .. we so loved what you did, and did so well.
So very true, johnp. Loved the show and her character once they stopped making her a true "dingbat". She made us laugh and cry, which is more than most people are able to do in this life.

·
peek-a-boo
17,353 Posts
wow, I missed this. Once again, a number of good people passing away this week in my circle of friends, and I missed hearing this.

SHe was a brilliant actress, loved the show and still do. RIP, this is sad news.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts