Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
5,566 Posts
Hey SINC. I'm not sure if this will help or not. It sounds like your Quicktime doesn't have the proper codec, or you have 2 conflicting ones.

Have you tried installing Perian? Perian - The swiss-army knife of QuickTime® components

If you go to the root of your drive, then Library, then Quicktime, you will see a bunch of ".component" files. You could manually copy those to a new folder and keep adding them back one by one to see if one of them is conflicting with another.

While you're doing this, make sure you restart Safari everytime so that it loads/unloads the components that you remove/move back.

FWIW.. you could try completely re-installing Flip4Mac and Perian once you've cleared out that folder.. it's all that I have installed for Quicktime and the video plays fine for me.

Good luck. :)

· Premium Member
5,566 Posts
If you open up the .dmg again.. Where you see "Perian.component", you should see a Quicktime folder already aswell. This is a hotlink to your Quicktime folder on the root of your system. (This is the quicktime folder they're talking about.)

Your Computer/Library/Quicktime is the one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.