Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who else got sucked in by Intuit's online promise of January 15/03 delivery for this piece of vaporware? I ordered and paid for Quicktax for the Mac in December supposedly to be delivered by January 15/03. Yeah right. January 15 came and went and no delivery. I called Intuit customer service on or about end of January and the rep there interrupted his nap long enough to tell me that the product 'wasn't in production yet'. He would have a supervisor call me though. Needless to say noone called. I called again about two weeks later and a very pleasant woman told me that the product would be in my hands on February 28/03. I protested that this was a bit late for the RRSP deadline which kinda cut down on the overall appeal of their product. She would have a supervisor call me. Well they must not have paid their phone bill at Intuit, cuz once again nobody called. Well surprise surprise, Feb 28/03 is now history and no Quicktax. I phoned again this AM and another pleasant woman informed me that my order 'probably' shipped and would be here on Tuesday. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told 'they are all in meetings' . Hey if I was foisting this crap onto a paying public I would hide in meetings too. Predictably, she took my name and number and promised to have a supervisor call. Let's just say that I won't hang around the house waiting for the phone to ring. To add insult to injury, the last rep told me that I could vent my feelings to the automatic telephone customer service survey. So she connects me and I get a message 'Your call has not been selected for the customer service survey' and the line goes dead.
I will never, repeat never buy from these *ssholes again. I buy lots of software/hardware and this is without question the worst customer service I have ever received. Ever.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Garry,
Welcome to the club
I work at a re-seller and we currently have 55 open orders for this product with about 10-15 calls per day regarding it.

Intuit is Outofit as far as customer satisfaction, I have yet to find somebody that likes to deal with them, I even have clients getting VPC just so they can get somebody elses product.

I had a client the other day that suggested a class action suit against Intuit for all the crap they pull and their lack of customer service (I have many clients that are unable to get ahold of them after 1hr+ on hold!!!)
I am not sure how or if this would work (As I am not knowledgable on law issues dealing with this) but if anybody does, please feel free to share!

I was also thinking of making an anti-intuit website with a forum for people to post their issues with Intuit, so if anybody is willing to donate some hosting, I would be glad to get the site and forum up and running for it!

sorry [/rant]

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Ufile Canada $13 per return, eFiled and saveable/printable. Imports all QuickTax data.

GriffTax Grifftax Simple covers most users needs; it's $5 to eFile per return or free if you are eligible for the GST rebate. Users with complex returns can buy GriffTax for personal or business use. Grifftax is $40 or $30 for a TY 2002 upgrade. Macintosh OS, any version from System 6 to OS9. Limit 25 returns.

"... I had a client the other day that suggested a class action suit against Intuit for all the crap they pull and their lack of customer service (I have many clients that are unable to get ahold of them after 1hr+ on hold!!!) ..."

Perhaps your first step should be to contact the Competition Bureau of Canada, which is actively investigation Intuit over QuickTax and TaxWiz right now. I'm sure they would love to hear from you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
personally I haven't had much luck with them since they took over MYOB canada. I bought my account edge in early dec 2001 so I could set everything up for the 2002 accounting year....I didn't get my copy of AE v1 until late January after repeated phone calls...Software was buggy and they even admitted it. To add insult to injury version 2 was announced in the States before I even got my copy of version 1. Luckily some of these bugs/crashes seem to dissappear once i upgraded to OS 10.2. The programs works much better.

Then QB Accounts appears and I hear it's only version 2 of MYOB and not the real QB from the states..no screen shots to prove this and ZERO reply from their customer support lines. To continue this craziness...only $100 or was that $50 discount for being a loyal MYOB user AND ZERO mention of a migration of your files from MYOB to QB's.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Gord,
Thank you for the tip, I have sent an email to them.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gordguide:
Ufile Canada $13 per return, eFiled and saveable/printable. Imports all QuickTax data.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

UFile doesn't support Macs. You would think that they would want to capitalize on all the disgruntled would-be Quicken users, but I guess not.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
hayesk wrote:
UFile doesn't support Macs. You would think that they would want to capitalize on all the disgruntled would-be Quicken users, but I guess not.

I wonder how many disgruntled Quicken users are out there (i.e., enough for UFile to notice in the first place)? This is one of the places where the Mac's marketshare matters; if the marketshare isn't large enough, then there isn't enough incentive for (most) companies to make their websites work with the Mac.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
For anyone who still needs it, London Drugs (in BC at least) has started receiving Quicktax Deluxe for Mac as of today, but in very very limited quantities.

--PB

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I wonder how many disgruntled Quicken users are out there (i.e., enough for UFile to notice in the first place)? This is one of the places where the Mac's marketshare matters; if the marketshare isn't large enough, then there isn't enough incentive for (most) companies to make their websites work with the Mac

Well, I know for a fact that most small Apple resellers in Canada sell at least 50-100 copies of QuickTax for Mac at tax time making it one of thee most popular software programs. So relative to other software sold in Canada it would be one of the most popular programs... plus its sold again each year. Factor in thousands of sales through Mail order and directly through Intuit...

It definitely is not a question whether the market is there in Canada. Quicken releases a decent program. The problem is year after year after year they release the friggin program WAAAAY to late. The program has some nice really nice features for figuring out how much to contribute to RRSP's. If the stupid thing ships after March 3rd, what good is it?

Ask anyone who works at a Mac reseller. Come tax time, 10-15 times a day customers ask, is QuickTax out yet? Is QuickTax out yet? Where's QuickTax? Inuit loses thousands and thousands and thousands of sales by releasing their product late every stinking year. Then they probably shrug and think that the Mac market in Canada is too small.

Its the case with too many companies. They release a [email protected]$$ed product for the Mac and wonder why it doesn't sell as much. Mac users won't buy junk. Its the reason most wanted to pay the supposed Mac "premium" for better quality in the first place.

If Intuit Canada would try to do it right, for just a couple years in a row...(To win back the thousands of customers who jumped ship) they would be totally surprised. Do it right by shipping the product on time at a decent price, not sending 3 mailings a year to Mac customers advertising PC products etc...

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Man what a company. I installed the PC version (my employer hands out the PC version) on a PC without internet access, so I had to activate it by phone. I called the number and went through the menu. It eventually asks for the Installation key, I entered it, it then tells me that my computer key is wrong and transfers me to a costomer service rep, wtf, I didn't even get a chance to enter the computer key. At least the customer service rep was helpful. then of course she sends me to the survey which says, I'm not selected for the survey. Why did she send me to the survey then. How many people are running this company, one? You'd think they'd make sure their phone menu system works.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine finally arrived on March 11/03. It arrived however without the promised free copy of Print Shop Deluxe which was available online. When I phoned Intuit I was told that there never was such an offer. I pointed out that my receipt says Quicktax for Mac and Print Shop Deluxe and Enclopedia Britannica [which I did get], the response was that there was 'an error' with the web site and I was to disregard my receipt. Huh? I demanded a copy of Print Shop and they said they didn't even have one. Only the Windows version. At this point, I lost it, snapped. Told the person on the other end to friggin' well go out and buy me one. Their website error is not my problem. At this point I could have predicted what he would say. Yup. "A supervisor will call you sir". Of course noone has called yet on any of the three complaints I put in.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Don't forget QuickTax System Requirments.

OS 9 only.

Will not work with 8.6 or earlier...

Will not work with OS X or later...

OS 9 only.

Pigeon hole...

What if you have 8.6? How do you get to 9?

What if you are 10 only (It has been 2 years after all)

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I wonder how many disgruntled Quicken users are out there (i.e., enough for UFile to notice in the first place)? This is one of the places where the Mac's marketshare matters; if the marketshare isn't large enough, then there isn't enough incentive for (most) companies to make their websites work with the Mac

Well, I know for a fact that most small Apple resellers in Canada sell at least 50-100 copies of QuickTax for Mac at tax time making it one of thee most popular software programs. So relative to other software sold in Canada it would be one of the most popular programs... plus its sold again each year. Factor in thousands of sales through Mail order and directly through Intuit...

It definitely is not a question whether the market is there in Canada. Quicken releases a decent program. The problem is year after year after year they release the friggin program WAAAAY to late. The program has some nice really nice features for figuring out how much to contribute to RRSP's. If the stupid thing ships after March 3rd, what good is it?

Ask anyone who works at a Mac reseller. Come tax time, 10-15 times a day customers ask, is QuickTax out yet? Is QuickTax out yet? Where's QuickTax? Inuit loses thousands and thousands and thousands of sales by releasing their product late every stinking year. Then they probably shrug and think that the Mac market in Canada is too small.

Its the case with too many companies. They release a [email protected]$$ed product for the Mac and wonder why it doesn't sell as much. Mac users won't buy junk. Its the reason most wanted to pay the supposed Mac "premium" for better quality in the first place.

If Intuit Canada would try to do it right, for just a couple years in a row...(To win back the thousands of customers who jumped ship) they would be totally surprised. Do it right by shipping the product on time at a decent price, not sending 3 mailings a year to Mac customers advertising PC products etc...
:lmao:

I tell you. ehMax tells no lies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts