Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Alas, QuickBooks is not coming to Canada. :mad: Right now, there is a HUGE hole in accounting packages for the Mac in Canada with MYOB being bought out by Intuit in Canada. Intuit has sent out letters to everyone announcing the cancellation. :rolleyes:

This is a big deal. Not having a solid accounting package is really going to hurt the Mac small business market in Canada.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use Quickbooks on my Mac in OSX thru Classic.
I have recently updated my Mac to OS 10.2
and since then Quickbooks freezes whenever I try to do a transaction. I have also updated my OS 10.2 to 10.2.2 and still Quickbooks freezes. The only way I can do my accounting now is to just restart my computer in OS9.
Does anyone have a solution for this? :(

·
Registered
778 Posts
I say we get the word out and get a petition going to get Quickbooks back to Canada on the Mac platform.

This is utterly ridiculous the way companies treat the Mac platform as second rate systems and even more frustrating when companies treat Canadians as second rate people.

If anyone is interested in this, lets start talking about maybe getitng a petition running to submit to Intuit to try and persuede them to bring the application back.

If it is out on the American version for OSX, I don't know how much it would take to bring it to Canada, but the code is already there for them to make the changes that need to be changed.

LETS GET THIS APPLICATION BACK ON THE MAC IN CANADA!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I totally agree! :mad: Anyone know how to best do this? I've often seen online petitions? Are these as valid as actual signed petitions?

Anyone know how to best draft the wording of the petition. (Not me, that's for sure)

If we get this set up, I know people at MacCentral and MacAddict, AppleLinks and YourMacLife who would mention it. (Might be a nice little bit of PR for ehMac too)

·
Registered
778 Posts
I am totally game for this. If you want to colaborate on this, I can help you as much as possible. I have already started to put one together:
Name
email
current OS
current Quickbook version

etc. I don't know how to create the post form though to post to something like [email protected] or anything like that. If someone who develops web pages knows how to do this and would like to contribute or help me along, I would be mor than happy to help out in this cause since being a consultant for Apple Computers could be beneficial when it comes to telling customers that they can run their accounting software on their mac.

I am hear to help out as much as I can ;)

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
ehMax wrote:
"Anyone know how to best do this? I've often seen online petitions? Are these as valid as actual signed petitions?"

From what I've seen, online petitions aren't taken anywhere as seriously as actual (or real) petitions, simply because there's less effort involved and it's a lot easier to "pad" the petition.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Man, that was a total buzz killer there.

I say we still try

No harm in trying right?

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chy:
The Canadian version is in beta now ... but it's not cross platform compatible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that sucks. I was forced to buy QuickBooks Pro for PC to work with my (fabulous-can't-say-enough-good-things-about-it) Point-of-Sale System called QuickBooks POS. It's really a crying shame! I could have used the Evil PC to act as sophisticated cash register, then at the end of the day, I could taken care of business using QuickBooks on my Mac. C'est la vie. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
This whole intuit thing just ticks me right off!!

several years I purchaced quickbooks, then 2 months later - they discontinued it for the mac.

Then I purchased MYOB - very happy with it until they sold the canadian operations to Intuit.

Then Intuit discontinue MYOB in Canada

Now they are making Quickbooks for Mac again!!

Sorry but after $600 on accounting software and the hastle of it all I refuse to support Intuit anymore.

·
Registered
112 Posts
well ... i received the final version of Quickbooks 5 for Canada after beta testing the program ....

Results: An abysmal excuse for an accounting package for Canada. Many, many criitcal omissions with many Americanisms left over, no PC compatibility and no payroll setup for Canada. An American payroll program is included and listed AS A FEATURE -- guess we don't have employees in Canada, eh?! ... My recommendation is to get VPC and some real accounting software ... a simple filemaker database runs rings around this piece of dreck. What a disappointment ....

For sale: Quickbooks 5 OSX for Mac.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts