Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some threads on here saying that Quickbooks for mac is POS and shouldn't be touched.

Has anyone successfully run Quickbooks in Parallels (or similar VM)?

Detail on my situation: we're a mac office with one exception that the accounting computer is running XP. We'd like to switch that machine over to a mac now (old accounting leaving, new one wants a mac) but we won't switch to a mac unless we can get Quickbooks running. Any thoughts or comments on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am in the process of getting rid of 2 PCs running XP pro... I have loaded Quickbooks 2009 (and 2006, just in case) in Parallels. It works well from what I can see. I do not use the app much except to do invoices. Our bookkeeper come in every once in a while. I had her go through it on my iMac 3.06 Ghz. It looks and works just like on the PC. I do not anticipate any issues. :heybaby:

The only way you can get QB for mac is to use the PC version. From the reseach I have done the tax situation (especially GST) would create nothing but problems! Do not go that route.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My wife uses 3 different versions of Quickbooks (07, 08, 09 I beleive) with VMWare/WinXP Pro w/service pack 2 with no problems. We run it on one of our Macbooks (white) 2.6Ghz, 4GB of ram under 10.5.5.

I really wish it run under Crossover Office - I'm not sure what kind of voodoo Quickbooks does under the hood to make it incompatible with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback all :)

Under the hood, Quickbooks requires the .net framework and crossover can't deliver that framework.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts