Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LOL! Well that pretty much sums it up for me since I have no clue about server management.

The site I run is http://www.motoyen.com/ which is being hosted by a friend. Currently I am getting around 8000 uniques/5GB transfer per month. I am looking for 200 - 300MB of storage and reasonable bandwidth costs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Please provide more details as to what you plan to host.

Chances are you do not need colocation. Are you running a high bandwidth site with significant transactions? Colocation can get very expensive especially if you are not in proximity to the datacenter. How will you deal with hardware issues? Are you adept at administering your server via CLI? What about backup and redundancy?

Most sites will do fine with a shared hosting plan. That is where you share space/bandwidth with others on the same server.

[ July 29, 2003, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: dcyyz ]

·
Registered
113 Posts
check out cnet.com. cnet has reviews of hosting providers. there are hundreds, if not thousands, of providers so you will have some homework to do to find a good provider. cnet is a good starting point. also do some google searches.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey, I like your web site. I really like your taste in cars. I am on my second BMW. Presently a 2002 318 new from Riyadh, saudi arabia. Any idea what it would take to bring this car up to canadaian specs so I could bring it back? Or do you know of any good info sites that could help me with this? Good luck on the web hositng. I have you site book-marked.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks for the links. Going back to the web host. Have you checked out any of the mac mags. There are several ads for web hosting.
Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts