Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

Just trying to confirm which EXACT "Mac" ATi Radeon PCI Card is this? Here are a couple of PICS:

This PCI Card has VGA, DVI and S-Video Connectors. I believe it's a 32MB Radeon 7000 PCI Card, but in every archived photo I've seen, the Radeon 7000 has a HEAT SINK in it, not a FAN, like mine does. Also, is this Card "Dual Monitor-friendly" for an extended desktop?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
It's an origianl full Radeon, not a 7000

If you plug it into a Mac, and look at PCI devices in Apple System Profiler, if it says R100 it's a Radeon if it says RV100 it's a Radeon VE\7000

Also, he PCB date on Radeon 7000's is 2001 not 2000

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
HI there, that is the Original radeon...I have had both a 7000 and the original and that one is the better of the two! CHEERS Mark

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Yes, it's the original Radeon 2001 Mac Edition. And no, it cannot drive two displays at the same time - only the Radeon 7000 card can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I followed Ron W's link and the ATi Search Result is:

RADEON 32MB DDR PCI VGA DVI-I TVOUT MAC

Thanks everyone that helped figure out that this is an Original 32MB Radeon 'Mac' Edition Video Card.

Anyone interested in buying it?

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
On second thought, I was wrong it's a 4MB Rage IIc

I will give you $20 for it.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
I would think lots of people would want to buy it, since it is one of the best PCI video cards, and is the only choice for G3 based powermacs with no AGP slot.
I dont even know if they still make any better new ones.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
If I get confirmation from Sonnet that the card will work in my 8600/G4/400, I'd be interested.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
There might be Trident XP4 based PCI cards comming to the Mac, and there are prospects for a hacked Radeon 9100 PCI card.

But that radeon is the last sure thing so-to-speak

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmnnn, a commission eh? Well, I guess I could consider... hey! Wait-a-minute! You didn't help me figure it out, didja, Michael?

Don't tell me you're representing the guys that did help, are you? Does that mean you get a commission of their commissions?

Whooops! I've posted it in the Trading Post for $150 + shipping. Is that a fair price (before commissions)?

;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts