Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Red Mage
258 Posts
You seriously could not search the forums?

This has been asked a million and half times plus one....

·
Registered
141 Posts
You can upgrade the white to have the same specs as the black for about the same price or cheaper.

The white one shows dirt more clearly, but if you want to spend extra money for the colour and don't mind lots of greasy looking spots and fingerprints, then buy the black. All of this can easily be fixed with a sleeve or cover though.

Anyway, I bought the white one. Either way, I think you'll be happy with your purchase.

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
White, for eternal virginity. hee-hee

I use a notebook mouse with my white MoBo, which keeps it cleaner and preserves the trackpad. It's also easier on my wrist than the trackpad.

·
Registered
56 Posts
man, this thread is so racist :lmao: ;)

On a serious note, I say white because in my opinion, black is a rip off...you can get the same spec white MB for cheaper. Also, white is the classic Apple color.

·
Registered
82 Posts
For me it was black all the way. I bought mine as a refurb so it was only about $60 more for the black so i didn't mind. $200 more for the black brand new is a bit much. I just fell in love with the black when i saw it. Plus i would be afraid to stain the white.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
The BlackBook looks "worn" a lot more easily than the white one -- I would go for white, unless you really want the Black for some reason.

Also, EhMax.. or someone -- is there a way to make one of these "White or Black MacBook?" threads sticky at the top, so that we don't have to go through this one every two-three weeks?

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Also, EhMax.. or someone -- is there a way to make one of these "White or Black MacBook?" threads sticky at the top, so that we don't have to go through this one every two-three weeks?
I don't think a sticky is appropriate for something like this.

People need to learn to use the search function - works quite well on ehMac.
If you do, this thread comes up which is only a few weeks old:
http://www.ehmac.ca/anything-mac/53646-black-white-macbook.html

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
I don't think a sticky is appropriate for something like this.

People need to learn to use the search function - works quite well on ehMac.
If you do, this thread comes up which is only a few weeks old:
http://www.ehmac.ca/anything-mac/53646-black-white-macbook.html
Agreed about the search function -- but if not a sticky, then maybe a general ehMac buyers guide and/or newbies guide to Macs? Or at least a sticky post that lists helpful links for ehMac newcomers -- as we seem to get getting lots of these question (which is fine) but it would be helpful for newcomers to have a sort of "primer" before all us stalwarts complain about people asking the same question twice a week ;)

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
..........but if not a sticky, then maybe a general ehMac buyers guide and/or newbies guide to Macs? Or at least a sticky post that lists helpful links for ehMac newcomers --
Something like that must exist on the net already.......it would certainly be useful.

I participate in a few other forums, not Mac related. But after people found out I use a Mac I get all sorts of questions where I sometimes shake my head about the misconception many Windows people still have.
Single button mouse only is a common one.
So is 'Macs use old technology and are slow compared to Windows'
The one this morning was: 'I want to buy a Mac because I'm fed up with Windows, but where do I get a Mac printer with that special Mac parallel interface and are these really as expensive as people say or can I get a lower cost one.'

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
The ironic thing is that I used a 2-button mouse with scroll wheel even in the OS 9 days.
Logitech had a piece of software so that their multi-button mice worked with OS 9 and you got all the same type of functions as with Windows - that was close to ten years ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts