Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exactly what kind of cable will I need to connect my MacBook to an LCD projector for presentations? I assume that there is some kind of mini-DVI to VGA cable available, but I checked a few websites and couldn't find one. Where would you recommend I look? Do I have to buy a whole cable, or can I use some kind of adapter?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
So where do you find this cable??

:D

I know I've purchased them in the past from the Apple store on-line, and thought I would be helpful and post the link, but I just cruised the Apple store and can't find them.

A link would be helpful, please. Arguing about whether or not the cable should be in the box, isn't solving the problem.

Margaret

·
Registered
99 Posts
One note, don't pick up the mini-vga to VGA adapter by mistake. I went to the Apple Store to get the adapter for my MacBook a couple of weeks ago, and first got the mini-vga adapter. Had to exchange it.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
You can also get a Mini-DVI to DVI adapter, if the projector has a DVI connection. You'll get a cleaner, trouble-free picture with DVI rather than VGA. If you will be using different projectors and don't mind spending the money, get all three adapters so you're ready for anything!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts