Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They've now got it listed on their web site as coming soon.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
"Coming Soon" in Quarkanese could mean during this decade. ;) And most of "us" ;) are willing to bet it will be bug-ridden for the following year.

Three cheers for InDesign!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I say lets take this opportunity to give that 'page-layout' marketshare to another player.

Quark has been holding the print industry hostage for far too long.

DOWN WITH QUARK!!!
_F

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think anyone who's read my previous posts about Quark know I have got no love of Quark's policies, recent software releases, or how they've dealt with the OS X issue, but I thought it should at least be noted. I would have liked if they had listed SOME release date information, ie. first quarter of this year, 2nd quarter, next ice age.

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
Who cares about Quirk 6.

They can't even run a website for crissakes. I tried getting into the forums to see people bitch and complain (as usual) and its totally bogged down. I can just imagine the flaming going on in there...

You guys ever see the comments on their boards? NASTY stuff.

Sucks to be them, we're migrating a large account of ours to OS X and InDesign. They've had enough with Quirk and will never buy another copy again.

Good riddance, I hope they don't sell 1 copy.
No, I take that back. I hope they sell quite a few of them so people will finally figure out its full of bugs and decide once and for all that Adobe's got a better mousetrap.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Since apple is always telling everyone that they are cash rich, i wonder why they don't just buy Quark?

that way they can do away with the biggest slow down to apple OS updates.
OR
is apple too closley entrenched with Adobe?

just a thought

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macspectrum:
Since apple is always telling everyone that they are cash rich, i wonder why they don't just buy Quark?

that way they can do away with the biggest slow down to apple OS updates.
OR
is apple too closley entrenched with Adobe?

just a thought
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adobe would probably see something like that as a sign they should stop bothering with the Mac market and drop more of their offerings.

No, if anything Apple is probably better off watching Quark wither and die than to try and un-bug that mess. There wouldn't be enough gain for trouble.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Strongblade:
No, if anything Apple is probably better off watching Quark wither and die than to try and un-bug that mess.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm hoping both programs flourish, keeping each other in check. We users could really benefit from that kind of aggressive competition. I'd rather Adobe didn't monopolize the layout program market the way Quark had for so long. I hope the 2 programs end in an even race. I fear InDesign may only remain a painful thorn in Quark's side. But I have seen a dramatic rise in support for InDesign in my area; a year ago not one service bureau I contacted was supporting ID. This past week I had the opportunity to call those same (25 or so) service bureaus and was pleasantly surprised to find 6 of them offering support for ID.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts