Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks Quark. Nice to see we're punished yet again since you haven't made a version for OS X....

In Design looks better and better every day.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Quark's always been pushing the envelope of patience. Try dealing with their customer service and support sometime.

I was talking to one of the local printers earlier in the week about Quark and InDesign and I really surprised to hear almost all of their PC based customers have switched from Quark to InDesign.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
That's because they're nearly positive all thier Mac customers will, sooner or later, be using InDesign too.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
speaking of InDesign 2.x, does anyone know if Adobe is wanton to either give out or at a reduced discount copies of InDesign for consulants?

and yes, i will be contacting adobe early next week

was just wondering if anyone knew if they still had an NFR program

thanx

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey, if you run the 5.01 updater without having booted Quark 5.0, even in OS 9, the software installer takes forever to update. I found this out when I did a clean install of my system a few weeks ago. Thought my computer had frozen after about a 1/2 hour into the 5.01 update, then suddenly it continued.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe Quark should include a downloadable coupon for a coffee from Starbucks whilst you wait for your Quark 5 to update to 5.01.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
How about a coffee from 2nd Cup (they have broadband access), a carrot cake AND the Sunday edition of the NY times. ;) That is insane.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macspectrum:
Maybe Quark should include a downloadable coupon for a coffee from Starbucks whilst you wait for your Quark 5 to update to 5.01.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
How about a discount coupon for InDesign and a letter of apology. Finally, put the company on eBay!

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>* Mac OS only: If you run the QuarkXPress 5.01 updater on the same partition that has OS X installed (regardless of whether you boot the computer in Mac OS 9.x or X), the updater may take several hours to complete. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They have GOT to be kidding me.

The folks @ Quark are really out to lunch. Good thing our customers are starting to see the light and moving to InDesign. Actually the majority haven't bothered with 5 so this will just put another nail in their coffin I guess.

Several HOURS to apply an update? Its like they don't want their customers to even bother anymore....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts