Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have an iTrip in Vancouver? Thinking about getting one as I'm not too happy about the cassette adapter we use now.

·
Registered
513 Posts
What don't you like about the cassette adapter? The iTrip's sound quality will be less than a cassette adapter. The only issue I have with the cassette adapter is the whirring noise it makes since it's actually spinning the tape.

I regularly use a cassette adapter in my car...even went so far as to remove my cd deck and put the stock cassette stereo back in just to use it with my iPod.

When I travel and rent a car, I borrow a friend's iTrip to use since most rental cars only have cd stereos...it works okay but not great and it's a pain to have to switch the frequencies on the iTrip...especially when on a road trip and driving through big cities.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
if your tape deck or cd deck is not stock, take a look and see if there is a line in jack or mp3 jack. My JVC cd deck has a line in jack that I just plug my ipod directly into it. It works great and the sound is very good as well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it's the clicking noise that comes from it. I do have a CD input on the stereo (that isn't hooked up to a CD player) so that looks like the way to go.

It's just that the iTrip looks like such an elegant solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts