Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help with publishing a web page

So I joined the 21st Century and got a web page and am struggling along. I can upload files just fine, like pictures, but only so that you can click on them and see them seperately. I've managed to whip up a background for my home page in html, so how do I upload it so that it does it's job as a background, and not so that it's a link I click on? Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
355 Posts
the CSS way

#body { background-image: url('(EmptyReference!)'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; background-position: center top; }

{ background-image: url('(EmptyReference!)');<--- Empty reference is the location of your background picture that is on your server

the rest of the stuff is positioning and the way the background is placed

the HTML way

<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>

<body background="(!!! picture goes here !!!)">
<p></p>
</body>

</html>

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
As I said before, buy a book. This isn't something you can easily learn by "osmosis". There are shelves and shelves of good HTML and CSS books in the bookstores.

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
There are also a billion websites that want to teach you web authoring, and some that review a few of the billion:

learn html - Google Search

Check with your local library, volunteer associations, clubs, groups, schools, etc., any or all of which may offer free courses in simple web design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts