Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
119,044 Posts
"Who doesn't carry a cellphone any more these days?" I don't. Of course, I remember when a pay phone call was a dime.

119,044 Posts
Oakbridge, I get the same "How can you survive without a cell phone?" I reply, "I just do" ............ as they excuse themselves to take a phone call on their cell. I just smile. Paix, mon ami.

119,044 Posts
"Let me fix that for you. Quote: Originally Posted by Dr.G. I remember when the phone was invented." guytoronto, yes, I recall the day well. It was a clear day on March 10, when uncle Alex (aka Alexander Graham Bell) said his famous words "Mr. Watson, come here, I want to see you." Even more amazing was when uncle Alex called me on August 10th, 1876 from his home in Brantford, ON, to where I was staying in Paris, ON, 16km away. He was a bit ticked off when I told him that these were going to be long distance charges and that he should be careful about his minutes online.

119,044 Posts
Sinc, I can't say that I ever had/saw those sorts of telephones in actual use.

119,044 Posts
Sinc, growing up in an apartment house in New York City, I was spoiled with the modern conveniences of telephones, radio and TV. I can't recall a time without these in the home. Of course, my son, who is now 20, has never known a day when there was not a computer in the home, so all is relative I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.