Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
than patients in hospitals and long term care facilities in Ontario.

Stewart McGetrick, with the ministry of public safety and correctional services, says jails need the $11.02 a day per prisoner to meet the nutritional standards set by the province.
According to the article, hospitals spend between $6.50 and $8.07 per patient while residents in long-term care facilities are allocated just $5.57 per person for 3 meals and two snacks per day.

Shouldn't the Ontario government be ensuring that law abiding citizens in hospitals and long term care residences have at least the same nutritional standards as criminals?

TorontoSun.com - Canada - Meal budget sickens

·
Registered
470 Posts
They are being rehabilitated. They need to maintain their health and strength so that they can be counter-productive citizens once more upon their release into our soft and cuddly society which cares more about them than the actual law abiding and productive citizens that happen to require the services of the health care system.

Gawd, don't ya know nothin? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
I deliberately ate Kraft Dinner two days ago, despite having other options. I thought you all should know. I'm a bit embarrased. :eek:

Sometimes I use a wee bit of ketchup mixed into it. :eek:

I feel better after sharing this.

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
I was going to say don't feel bad about the KD, until I read that you put ketchup in it. YUCK! I had KD spirals, with a Maple Leaf BBQ sized hotdog cut up in it, with a dash of pepper just yesterday watching the Open. That's good eatin'. Ketchup does not belong on 2 things, KD and eggs.

·
CIO of CYA
3,857 Posts
Sad to think that a nice old woman, who worked hard all her life and respected her place in society gets less than some thief, pervert or hoodlum.
11 dollars is a very extreme(high) budget. Almost double the industry standard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.