Any members of ehMac going to the User Group Leaders Conference just before Procreate (Now MacWorld CreativePro)? If you are, I would really appreciate information on how it went, techniques & ideas discussed, etc, since I can't be there. Here's part of the June 25 Apple E-mail about it:
MACWORLD CREATIVEPRO NY 2003 NEWS - LEADERS
1] - User Group Leadership Conference
All user group officers, board members and potential leaders are invited to attend the User Group Leadership Conference, to be held on July 15, the day before Macworld CreativePro Expo begins. There are no per-group limitations, so plan to have your entire leadership team come and get involved.
User Group Leadership Conference
Tuesday, July 15, 2003
The New Yorker Hotel
481 Eighth Ave at 34th Street
New York, NY 10001
- Website workshop with Adobe's Terry White
- Getting along with others: how to get vendors to support your user group
- The lost art of board building
- Creating a useful CD for your group
- How to build your MUG's website with little or no help
- Fundraising ideas that your members will really enjoy
- Welcoming Windows users
- Workshop: What would you do if... MUG challenges and opportunities
- Pizza party
Conference highlights include a luncheon presentation by Terry White, Technical Resources Manager for Adobe Systems and President of MacGroup Detroit user group. Terry will offer professional feedback on sample user group web sites; UGLC registrants may submit their sites for consideration until July 8.
Registration for UGLC is $50 (US). Space is limited, so reserve your spot now.