Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted earlier in the general Mac forum, and am reposting because this is a troubleshooting issue. Sorry for the double-posting, I'm brand new on ehmac.ca!

Hi there,

I've been trying to watch CTV.ca news online, but I receive an error message from the pop-up video window asking me to download a newer version of Windows Media Player.

I have the newest version of media player, and according to the CTV.ca help section, Mac users are told to use Rosetta mode. I've done that too but am still unable to watch CTV.ca news online. I've tried also with Firefox, to no avail.

Can someone help me fix the problem?

I have a MacBook Pro running OS 10.4.10. I do not have Windows on my mac.

Many thanks,
Matty

·
Registered
40 Posts
"Windows Media Player could not be found. You may need to upgrade to the latest version."

This issue is the only issue I can't seem to solve.

I convinced my mother in-law to get a Mac, knowing that I would be the one helping her with any problems. I didn't expect any. However, of course she wants to use CTV video, which she can't get to work. CTV seems to to be the only streaming video site that won't work for me.

I use the latest version of flip4mac WMV, but I still can't get it to work. I am assuming that ctv.ca is using some sort of windows explorer proprietary version of WMV that can't be viewed inline in any Mac browser. I think they suck for this.

Sorry can't help with a solution, but if anyone here can shed some light it would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
CTV's website will not work with Flip4Mac, alternatively, CBC's doesn't work for me with WMP (I have to use Flip4Mac).

I am not sure why CTV's website won't work with WMP under Rosetta, it still works on my iBook.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts