Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iMac G5 PowerPC (it's the version right before the built-in iSight ones came out)

- 2.0 GHz
- 20 inch
- 1 GB ram
- 250 GB hard drive
- 667 MHz bus
- superdrive
- wireless/bluetooth apple keyboard/mouse
- airport/bluetooth, etc
- pretty much mint condition

Thoughts on what I could get for this guy? Also, any thoughts if I should expect a drop in value over the next few months, or does it not really matter?

Thanks!

--FatCat

·
Registered
5 Posts
You could get anywhere between 876.26 and 892.34 for the iMac.
Due to market conditions, the weather
and other factors the estimate may be off slightly.
However in 19 times out of 20 and within 4 % margin of error the numbers will work.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I think RVU's estimates are good although in reality you'll get $850 as an offer. Still, I'd start off with $889.99.

·
Beaugeste
1,017 Posts
What it's worth..

Others might know better so I won't give an amount, only to say probably half of what you paid for it just over 2 years ago.
I bought the 17" model in Feb 05 and right away Tiger was release, the new Imac had built in Isight,Blue Tooth/Airport cards and then Front row, then Intel , and the price sort of kept dropping and each time I thought, man if I had only waited a bit longer.. then eventually realized I actually didn't need most of the other features so I'm happy with the G5,it's sort of special I figure...the last of a great line of processors.
Just my 2 cents..

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
That's a Rev B iMac G5, I sold my RevA iMac 20" for $950 back in September -- I think $850 is an okay price, maybe $900, depending on demand. See also how much you can get for trading it in at MacDoc, if you're looking for an upgrade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts