Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm thinking of going iMac after Macworld and would like to sell my trusty workhorse.

It is a dual G4 533/ 768 RAM/ New WD 80gb HD. Also included is a 19" IBM P97 monitor.

Pricing thoughts are much appreciated!

·
Registered
248 Posts
CRT's have no real resale anymore, imho - even good ones.

If i had to guess, maybe $250-350 for your dualie? I see quicksilver single-processors go for between $300-400 depending on kit.

There's lots of #'s out there via craigslist and "completed items" on ebay to gauge your asking price.

good luck! :)

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
It's a far better machine than any QS single but unlikely you will find anyone to recognize that.

It's functional equivalent to a dual 800 QS but with a more reliable motherboard.

·
Premium Member
5,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input!

The 533 is a great machine. Hugely reliable and a workhorse chugging through processor intensive tasks. It's funny that you almost never see them for sale so it's hard to gauge a reasonable asking price.

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
There were very few made as it was special order and it was an embarrassment for Apple since the less expensive DP533 blew the over priced 733 single out of the water.

Sweet machine and with a decent video card and drive is still a fine machine to use.
2 x 1 meg L2 caches were a precursor to the big caches we see now on the Intels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.