Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to gauge interest, a friend of mine wishes to upgrade to a entry level Macbook but wants to help fund the purchase by selling his G3 iBook.

Do you think somewhere in the area of $500 is a decent price to ask with the following specs:

G3 14" iBook 900 MHz
384 MB RAM or 640MB
32 MB VRAM
40GB HD
CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo drive)
Airport Card

Comes complete with original packaging & box and install/restore discs (Panther) and I think an Tiger upgrade disc. Two power adapters, one Apple, the other from NewerTech. Overall, the laptop is in good condition, no signs of abuse, it was well taken care of.

The bad news is that the battery does not get more than 30 minutes of real use and the bottom case is missing the round thingy that allows you to remove/secure the battery. He still has the part but it needs to be re-fitted/fixed.

I think there's also some Applecare left on it, perhaps another month or so.

Cheers
Ants

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
I'd say around $350-$400 would be a good price to get for it. Given the recent MacBook updates, and that a used MacBook can be had for less than $1000, and iBook G4s for even less, anything over $400 for an iBook G3 is too high.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He could probably get more if he parted out the wirless card and stick of 512MB ram but $400 would be a good deal, I think.

thanks for the feedback.

Ants

1 - 3 of 3 Posts