Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's someone on ebay that can sell me a used 15gb ipod, with dock, remote, and case for $475 shipped. I can buy a new one for $420 (student discount) but shipping will add to that... is this a good deal?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Buy the new one. It's a no-brainer.

I'd go for the Apple Store purchase over Mr. Unknown any day of the week. The new Apple Warranty alone is worth the extra money!

Please, buy it from The Apple Store! Or a local vendor...

Have you tried MacDoc, MacWarehouse, Mainly Mac, Light Computer or Carbon Computing? I'm sure someone at any of these locations would assist with the shipping if it's available for pickup.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
about the warranty... he says it hasnt been registered with apple yet, so that it still has it's full warranty.. is this possible?

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
There isn't any warranty to register in the first place, unless he is talking about the additonal AppleCare for iPod. I think the included warranty starts at the purchase time of the pod, which they can check by its serial number.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah, yeah that's what i figured.... i think im best just to play it safe and get a new one... just cant trust some people.. thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
keep in mind that the new 15giggers don't have the dock remote or carryiing case.

but it sounds like you like to keep peace of mind, so i'd go new too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts