Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
This type of person reminds me of some of the people I used to make money off of when I did consulting, I love it when people don't read the read me's or don't know how to set preferences.

The link was more funny than offensive.

Dave :cool:

·
Canadian By Choice
117,358 Posts
Didn't know it was so difficult to shut down a Mac!?! Still, it is easier to shut this person down by just closing the video. Poof! He's gone!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,358 Posts
Strange, but my "inner child" was reawakened when I started using my first home computer -- an Apple IIe..............made by the same people that created the Macintosh. Interesting.........

Of course, my real "inner child" was reborn when I held my son in my arms when he was 10 minutes old. Parental love is a magical potion.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just yet another reason that Glocks and the area behind the right ear were invented but then again perhaps not

It evidently took 6 shots from a Glock to wound a PitBull in Toronto the other day and then it crept off to bleed to death.

$1000 per officer for gun and training to bring them up to the level of violence that the crooks have and they still cannot kill a ******* dog ?

End of elder rant LOL

·
Registered
503 Posts
I love that video as well. It's a classic example of why I don't recommend Macs to people accustomed to pcs, especially those "who know what they're doing" with pcs. Notice when the Update Manager pops up he doesn't click that -- he goes looking around for the appropriate "exe" file in the system folders! You idiot! You're using a Mac! Not a pc!

But I agree with him 100% about the bloody Dock menu. When I'm working I want the freedom to move my mouse anywhere I want without the Dock continually popping up to say "Hi! Looking for me!" It's more annoying then the smiley face that pops up occasionally when I use Micosoft Office -- but at least I have the option to shut him off!

·
Registered
693 Posts
One true thing he did say near the beginning:(paraphrasing here)

"I'm not operating the mac so much as I am sharing the mac experience."

Too true...no one can "operate" a mac just like no one can "own" a pet. It's not a computer, it's a lifestyle.

·
Registered
691 Posts
sigh......

When will we ever fight back?Is there anything out there that makes fun of the PC nation aside from that guy sweating like its goin' out of style?

:D

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
How are any of those three videos -Two of Steve Balmer at a developers conference, one of Bill Gates getting pied- a 'sharp retort' to anything?

--PB

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
Courtesy of Merriam-Webster:

transitive senses
1 : to pay or hurl back : RETURN (retort an insult)
2 a : to make a reply to b : to say in reply
3 : to answer (as an argument) by a counter argument

#1 seems most applicable. This guy's video can be described as an insult, and so can the Ballmer clips. The 3rd clip was simply dessert, not part of the counter-insult. Anyway, a sharp retort to some, not so sharp to others obviously.

Perhaps I should have said, "Now that we have studied a young Ringtail Lemur, let's look at an adult male Silverback Gorilla."

·
Registered
189 Posts
The true rants of an ideot! Although the content was lacking in accuracy, the edited piece looked quite good. He did say it was done on a mac right!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts