Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lifetime membership
9,262 Posts
This type of person reminds me of some of the people I used to make money off of when I did consulting, I love it when people don't read the read me's or don't know how to set preferences.

The link was more funny than offensive.

Dave :cool:

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Didn't know it was so difficult to shut down a Mac!?! Still, it is easier to shut this person down by just closing the video. Poof! He's gone!

·
R.I.P. Marc - 01/29/2022
117,654 Posts
Strange, but my "inner child" was reawakened when I started using my first home computer -- an Apple IIe..............made by the same people that created the Macintosh. Interesting.........

Of course, my real "inner child" was reborn when I held my son in my arms when he was 10 minutes old. Parental love is a magical potion.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just yet another reason that Glocks and the area behind the right ear were invented but then again perhaps not

It evidently took 6 shots from a Glock to wound a PitBull in Toronto the other day and then it crept off to bleed to death.

$1000 per officer for gun and training to bring them up to the level of violence that the crooks have and they still cannot kill a ******* dog ?

End of elder rant LOL

·
Registered
503 Posts
I love that video as well. It's a classic example of why I don't recommend Macs to people accustomed to pcs, especially those "who know what they're doing" with pcs. Notice when the Update Manager pops up he doesn't click that -- he goes looking around for the appropriate "exe" file in the system folders! You idiot! You're using a Mac! Not a pc!

But I agree with him 100% about the bloody Dock menu. When I'm working I want the freedom to move my mouse anywhere I want without the Dock continually popping up to say "Hi! Looking for me!" It's more annoying then the smiley face that pops up occasionally when I use Micosoft Office -- but at least I have the option to shut him off!

·
Registered
691 Posts
One true thing he did say near the beginning:(paraphrasing here)

"I'm not operating the mac so much as I am sharing the mac experience."

Too true...no one can "operate" a mac just like no one can "own" a pet. It's not a computer, it's a lifestyle.

·
Left The Building
8,376 Posts
Courtesy of Merriam-Webster:

transitive senses
1 : to pay or hurl back : RETURN (retort an insult)
2 a : to make a reply to b : to say in reply
3 : to answer (as an argument) by a counter argument

#1 seems most applicable. This guy's video can be described as an insult, and so can the Ballmer clips. The 3rd clip was simply dessert, not part of the counter-insult. Anyway, a sharp retort to some, not so sharp to others obviously.

Perhaps I should have said, "Now that we have studied a young Ringtail Lemur, let's look at an adult male Silverback Gorilla."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.