Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
'Course not. Don't fit the narrative...

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
If there were any social justice, that boy would be earning $100 an hour.

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Where precisely is this Mexican the thread refers to? And by "Mexican" is it supposed to mean an actual born-in-Mexico Mexican, or a USA-born Mexican (in which case he's a U.S. citizen of Mexican heritage, whether he wishes to be identified by his heritage in that way), or is he an illegal mexican busboy, or... what the hell is this thread even about?

A rich asshole tosses cash around to make himself feel important? Is that the point of this?

:lmao:

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Nope. Purdy sure the point of the post was to draw out embittered Progs with nothing but caustic comments.

Mission accomplished... :D

A rich asshole tosses cash around to make himself feel important? Is that the point of this?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
What it showed me was a human side of Trump that I did not think existed. Good on him for that. The tip/bus boy thing was incidental and had little to do with the thrust of the overview of a dinner with the president.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What it showed me was a human side of Trump that I did not think existed. Good on him for that. The tip/bus boy thing was incidental and had little to do with the thrust of the overview of a dinner with the president.
Agreed..

sadly the media skipped all that to mention he likes his steak with ketchup and well done. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I've heard Trump can be a pretty nice guy to people much below him when he's one on one. I don't doubt at all that he can be a very nice guy at times.

Definitely, a lot of things (most) about Trump I disagree with but I can recognise his good side and I'd like to see more of it. So far, I think he's mostly been petty. It's a job you need to be tough at times, but you also can't be perceived as a bully and a jerk on the national and world stage and have good success at one's goals. No liberal snowflake here, I just think it's good advice and I bet that even he will recognise.

I will be watching speech tonight with interest.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Agreed..

sadly the media skipped all that to mention he likes his steak with ketchup and well done. :rolleyes:
Left-leaning media (and people in general) can really shoot themselves in the foot I think. There is legit, important concerns to be discussed in a meaningful way. If they were balanced and ignored these type of petty things, I think it would serve them better and more people would listen.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Just like the mysterious Russkies...

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
Left-leaning media (and people in general) can really shoot themselves in the foot I think. There is legit, important concerns to be discussed in a meaningful way. If they were balanced and ignored these type of petty things, I think it would serve them better and more people would listen.
Agreed. The search for clicks has eclipsed the search for truth.

·
Premium Member
8,903 Posts
What it showed me was a human side of Trump that I did not think existed.
There were claims of this during the campaign (not officially from the campaign, as far as I remember). Video of some actor saying as much made the rounds.

I don't think he's Scrooge McDuck, but other claims, related to contractors being shafted, also exist. That's not a contradiction, but worth noting. Tips to the individual, but if you do business with him, he will negotiate everything at any point in time.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
a lot of folks refuse to see the good in Trump - he has on many an occasions privately had solders and ill kids flown on his boeing because big insurances refuse or governments didn't care..
as said before look for the good and you will see it..
i heard once his car broke down, a random person stopped to assist and he surprised them afterwards with a mortgage payment on him..

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Title thread: President Trump - Tips Mexican Bus Boy $100 - Media silent

# of Mexicans encountered: Zero.

What a weird little place is ehMac.

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
Why wouldn't the media be silent; they weren't allowed in:

"Once the president arrived at the location, the reporter who was on assignment to cover him, Jordan Fabian of The Hill, was not let into the building and had to wait in the van outside for the remainder of the dinner, without a guest list or details of what was happening inside."

There is also no mention of Mexican anywhere in the article.

·
Premium Member
42,493 Posts
Why wouldn't the media be silent; they weren't allowed in:

"Once the president arrived at the location, the reporter who was on assignment to cover him, Jordan Fabian of The Hill, was not let into the building and had to wait in the van outside for the remainder of the dinner, without a guest list or details of what was happening inside."

There is also no mention of Mexican anywhere in the article.
Hey, polywog, good point. Anyway, that kid might have been Mexican... if the service had been good... if there was a tip. It's just a still photo--maybe the kid is giving Trump $100!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts