Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
It says in Mac OS X - Update your new Mac with Mac OS X Snow Leopard - Apple Canada
"This program ends December 26, 2009. Your completed order form must be postmarked or faxed within 90 days of the date of your purchase of a qualifying computer or Xserve (described in this offer) or by December 26, 2009, whichever is earlier."

what is this post mark thing I do not understand, please someone explain to me.
This promotion is only for if you ordered the system online. You must have proof of the delivery date of your system in order to qualify. A packing slip or the like.

Not sure about what happens if you bought in-store. Can anyone else speak to that?

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Actually, I've found Canada Post to be fast and reliable unless you **** off your Canada Post Mailman, or in my case, a lady.

I wonder if this will eventually be covered in the news, as letting it become known to media circles usually force businesses to actually respond to problems.... Although it hasn't affected Bell.... I guess Bell is too big and powerful, letting them bend the rules so we always get screwed by Bell.
I've never met my postie, though a number of packages (even with tracking) with expresspost have gone missing from the postal outlet, for my gf, and for friends.

Though, I'm guessing that the UTD disks were not in Canada yet. My family pack arrived on the Friday of release and was shipped from birchmount and 14th

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
My UTD arrived today as well... Retail version is on the way via purolator.

I wonder what the holdup was... our awesome Canada customs, or our awesome Canada post...

EDIT: also, the rep I spoke to on the phone said that it should have been here on the 3rd. enh, not too bad... only 12 days off. hehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.