Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It says in Mac OS X - Update your new Mac with Mac OS X Snow Leopard - Apple Canada
"This program ends December 26, 2009. Your completed order form must be postmarked or faxed within 90 days of the date of your purchase of a qualifying computer or Xserve (described in this offer) or by December 26, 2009, whichever is earlier."

what is this post mark thing I do not understand, please someone explain to me.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
It says in Mac OS X - Update your new Mac with Mac OS X Snow Leopard - Apple Canada
"This program ends December 26, 2009. Your completed order form must be postmarked or faxed within 90 days of the date of your purchase of a qualifying computer or Xserve (described in this offer) or by December 26, 2009, whichever is earlier."

what is this post mark thing I do not understand, please someone explain to me.
This promotion is only for if you ordered the system online. You must have proof of the delivery date of your system in order to qualify. A packing slip or the like.

Not sure about what happens if you bought in-store. Can anyone else speak to that?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ironic that the Pre Order link is broken. In Canada the Pre order is $35 but $29 US.

·
Premium Member
7,066 Posts
MikoMew - This is only for getting the "free" (you have to pay S&H however) upgrade to Snow Leopard if you have purchased a computer since June 8th.

Additionally:

Multiple Qualifying Computers on a Single Invoice

If you purchased multiple qualifying systems on a single invoice, you can either (1) purchase a Single-User Upgrade Kit for each qualifying product, at a cost of $9.95 (USD)*; or (2) purchase fewer Single-User Upgrade Kits and request the Right to Copy for the remaining qualifying products.
You're supposed to submit the form for each invoice for each Mac you're bringing "up to date" (aka getting the "free" upgrade if you've bought the computer since June 8th). If the computer was purchased before June 8th you're expected to buy the full version at $35 CDN if you want to upgrade to Snow Leopard.

Postmark: The date that the post office marks on the envelope when it is accepted. You can see more on Wikipedia.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
yea i know its fore free i got my mac aug 15th so yea.. BUT ONLY ONE I wanted to get a few more so i could sell some to my friends =[
It would be quite illegal to order a bunch of cheap "Up to date" discs for only one qualifying system and resell them to friends.

Apple states that you can only have one $10(USD) up to date disc. Your friends can order their own Snow Leopard Update Discs for $35 CAD from Apple.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Apple accepted my upgrade request online. The system was purchased in July from Carbon Computing Ottawa. I only had to provide the serial number, the store name and the date of purchase to the website. Easy.

Harvey

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Apple accepted my upgrade request online. The system was purchased in July from Carbon Computing Ottawa. I only had to provide the serial number, the store name and the date of purchase to the website. Easy.

Harvey
What actually showed up on line?

I bought a refurb MacBook Pro on June 18th.
When I go into the Apple store for Snow Leopard, it shows up as "Standard shipping and handling" AND free shipping at a price of $13.00.

Ships by Aug 28th.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Apple Store
Vous trouverez la version française de ce courriel ici.

Order Acknowledgment
Hello Harvey XXXXXXX,

Thank you for shopping the Apple Online Store. We're processing your order now. Visit Order Status to view your order details and track your shipment. If you'd like to change your order, please log in to Your Account.

Best regards,
The Apple Store Team

Order Number:
XXXXXXXXXXX

Order Date:
24 Aug, 2009

Shipment Information

We will let you know by email after each item in your order ships. If you ordered multiple items, you may receive separate shipments with no additional shipping charges.

These products are Licensed by the United States for Ultimate Destination - Canada, and may not be exported without prior written consent from Apple Canada Inc.

Delivery Note:
All shipments except those delivered by Canada Post require a signature on receipt. The name of your carrier will be listed on your shipment notification email.

Shipping Address:
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX

Order Details

Product Name

Product Number

Unit Price CAD

Qty

Subtotal

MAC OS X10.6 SNOWLEOPARD UTD FULLFIL-INT

MC204Z/A

$13.00

$13.00

Ships:

By August 28th

Subtotal $13.00
G.S.T./H.S.T. $0.65
P.S.T./Q.S.T. $1.04

Total Price CAD

$14.69

Additional Information

For order status and answers to questions, please visit Customer Service online. Or call 1-800-676-2775, Mon-Fri 5 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sat-Sun 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. PT. Please have your Order Number available.

This purchase has been made under the online Canada Apple Store's terms and conditions of sale, dated as of 24 Aug, 2009.

PLEASE PRINT A COPY OF THESE TERMS FOR YOUR RECORDS AS THEY CONSTITUTE YOUR SHOPPING AGREEMENT.
Privacy Policy

If your purchase qualifies for a rebate from Apple, visit Product Promotions for claim forms and instructions.

Billing Address:
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX

Purchase Order Number:
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Delivery Time Frames

Standard Shipping:

Allow 8 business days after shipping date.

Please do not reply to this email message.
It was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming email.

You can also order from the Apple Store by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753).
Copyright © 2007 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

·
Bald by choice
9,055 Posts
I thought Snow Leopard was advertised at $US 9.95?
How does that translate into $C13.00
Easy, just use the same conversion formula they used to get the US $29 upgrade converted to can $35.

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Beating a dead horse with this discussion. ;)

Apple doesn't simply convert American funds to Canadian funds based on the current exchange rate. There's more to it than that.
I was just surprised to see $13.- pop up since all that is mentioned in this thread is $10 US.

What doesn't make sense either is the comment that the $C13 is for shipping & handling and then right below it, it states that shipping is "free".

Seem to me that Apple is becoming as sloppy as some other sites when they program their web site - nobody seems to ever check if the end result makes sense.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Makes sense to me, since they're talking about two different shipping costs - the customer gets free shipping, but obviously Apple still has to pay for shipping. Since it's supposed to be a "free" upgrade (i.e. the customer does not have to pay for the product itself), the price is just to cover Apple's actual costs for processing and shipping the order. So for the customer, shipping is "free" because it's already been included in the item price. I guess it's just a way to zero-out the additional shipping line item.

1 - 20 of 429 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.