Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any have some fresh testimonials for me? Would love to hear about it. Just been reading off the Powerlogix Site, but I see nothing out there. This would make me keep my Pismo for sure, but there must be some hiccups. Trying to find them.... Not trying to send my PB to Austin Texas and have it come back as an awesome paperweight.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Someone was selling an updated G3 and had something about the fan going on a lot and that it was noisy. I dont realy know to much about it but I guess the cooling may be a problem. He said others were having the same problem.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Know them personally? ?? I'm Toronto. right downtown. Why?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron W:
I know these guys personally and they are great.

Where are you located?

Ron
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fan going on all the time... Boo. That's what I did not want to hear. The Ti is thinner and doesn't seem to have a fan issue at all. Odd. How about perforance? Any conflicts?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Clockwork:
Someone was selling an updated G3 and had something about the fan going on a lot and that it was noisy. I dont realy know to much about it but I guess the cooling may be a problem. He said others were having the same problem.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Thats what the guy said who was selling his Powerbook. He also said that other people had the same problem. I think his was a Lombard so maybe the Pismo is different because it would probaably have a better fan but would not be too much different if it was. It makes sense that if you put a faster CPU and keep the old fan you may run into cooling problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts