Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this too good to be true?? Why is this upper slot only? I've not taken my Pismo apart yet, but I was curious. Does this smell foul???

·
Registered
933 Posts
Usually you are very safe with a Pro-seller and a feedback rating like that.

I think that the reason it is upper slot only is that the RAM is arranged in a Two-tiered fashion.

The easiest thing to to (since he's sold many of these before I suspect) is to check out the feedback on identical finished auctions and see what the Pismo owners who bought from him had to say.

The only thing I would point out is that if you look on Ramseeker, 512 Pismo sticks are listed at $45-50 US from reputable retailers so he's actually gouging you at $77.

It all comes down to shipping costs and whether you can get it sent via USPS instead of FedEx or UPS to avoid brokerage fees.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
USPS handles border issues?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mycatsnameis:
Usually you are very safe with a Pro-seller and a feedback rating like that.

I think that the reason it is upper slot only is that the RAM is arranged in a Two-tiered fashion.

The easiest thing to to (since he's sold many of these before I suspect) is to check out the feedback on identical finished auctions and see what the Pismo owners who bought from him had to say.

The only thing I would point out is that if you look on Ramseeker, 512 Pismo sticks are listed at $45-50 US from reputable retailers so he's actually gouging you at $77.

It all comes down to shipping costs and whether you can get it sent via USPS instead of FedEx or UPS to avoid brokerage fees.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
U speak of experience I gather?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Well USPS mail has no brokerage fees but the loss rate is higher so its a bit of a risk (but dirt cheap especially for memory). Global Priority is more like a courier service (and costs more) but the brokerage fees don't get passed on for some reason (in my experience). I think it has to do with some arrangement b/w the USPS and Canada Post as "national" postal services.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts