Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealers report that Apple has instructed them to remove 12-inch and 17-inch PowerBook G4 posters from their stores. The posters featured Yao Ming and Verne Troyer.
This is according to think secret.
I bet those posters are gonna be collectable now, I think it is due to the use of Yao Ming's image, watch Ebay for them.

[ July 20, 2003, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: minnes ]

·
Canadian By Choice
117,495 Posts
Re basketball stars, it is estimated that Kobe Bryant will lose an estimated $150 million US from loss of endorsements that will now not come his way. Off the topic I know, so I apologize for this transgression.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Dr G, such a sad story. hate to expound, but he will lose the $$. I recall reading a while back that Nike was watching this closely. I think that he will get dropped by most/all his sponsors UNLESS there is a CLEAR indication that there was some set-up/malicious intent on the young girl's part. In which case, he'll still lose a bunch - like McDonald's, but ppl like Nike will likely stick around. Too bad - such a prolific career @ such a young age... 24 - 3 rings - and was the heir apparent... that's likely all done. :rolleyes: :(

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
But re: the posters, I'm might run to a few Mac dealers I know and see if they want to let them go. I need to carry a few in my new room... remodeling the bunker. ;)

·
Canadian By Choice
117,495 Posts
Ohenri, my son is the Lakers fan in this family (I am born and raised a NY Knicks fan).

I will admit that I was not to thrilled about the "big and little" commercial, although I felt it was unique and effective. I guess I do not like to capitalize upon a person's height, size, weight, color, etc. Still, that is my opinion.

Re the new G5 commercial, I thought that it was fairly effective, although it seems to bring about the "MHz Myth" debate once again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts