Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,788 Posts
Besides the heat issue, there would also be a hit to battery life if you dropped that sucker into a laptop. Apple even stuck with 4200 RPM Drives in the new PowerBook because they like to keep the battery life up at 5 hours. Or so they say.

--PB

·
Premium Member
6,788 Posts
yes, rated battery life is longer than real world battery life. The TiBook currently has a 5 hours rated battery life, and depending on useage I have heard of getting anywhere from 2.5 to 4.25 hours of real world useage out of it.

My iBook has a 6 Hour battery and I can relibly get an average of about 3.75 hours out of it.

Add a 5400 RPM drive into the mix and all the numbers take a dive.

--PB

·
Premium Member
6,788 Posts
Watch an entire DVD, check.
Photoshop, check (and could get it done faster too).

Run the battery down, and turn it off before "deplaning" (which is the dumbest word in the english language).

Get to hotel, oh look the powers out. Plug in the second battery.

Continue working on photoshop into the night. check.
Fall asleep, TiBook goes to sleep. check.
Wake up and wake the TiBook up too (to find the battery has only gone down by a small amount). check.

Not to mention that everything happens a lot faster on a Pismo, so you'd probably get more done. Oh and it wieghs less and has a bigger, higher resolution screen.

Pismo's are great, but so are TiBooks.

Personally, I like em both.

--PB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.