Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, I played a friend's bday party with my TiBook. I got all the looks (esp this one sexy friend of mine). I'm getting a pic sent to me. Was quite fun. I was also by the window looking onto College - tons of passer bys looking... (bar was called Tempo). Will have another installment of the PowerBook Party soon. Rather play it with the PB instead of iPod: way more to marvel @ - let alone the glowing Apple logo. :D Any similar experiences here??

·
Registered
160 Posts
Traktor is probably the industry standard program for DJing on a Mac.

There is also MegaSeg.

Both have downloadable demos, both are more than $200 Canadian.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i use traktor. it rocks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heh,

More of a live PA guy myself, and I have yet to rock the Pismo in front of a dance floor. Takes a bit of self-reprogramming to get away from hardware, though. After watching a guy that I played with (@ the Drink, Vancouver) set up in like, 30 seconds, I decided that laptop sets were cool. Took us 25 minutes to setup our synths/drum machines.

Course, now I gotta decide which to use, Ableton Live or SuperCollider. . .

r.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm... nothing complicated at all. Basically, we have this running joke here that we're all ME-Js: we play was WE want :D

I just ran an RCA out from the TiBook to the mixer ins. No mixing was invloved at all. Just played tracks as I wanted. Lots of fun... I'll go check out that DJ s/w though. But I'm not looking for anything crazy. ;) Just gonna run da chunes!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Traktor with Final Scratch is the best thing for OS X.

Now if I could just get my hands on a copy...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts