Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be doing some extensive traveling come July and I would like to get a PowerInverter to run my Pismo off of the cigarette lighter in our Isuzu. I'm looking at a 300 watt Motomaster by CanadianTire. Are there any dangers I should be aware of in using such a device? Any chance of frying my Pismo? 300 watts good enough?

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
I have one of the 400w Canadian Tire inverters.

Have had it for about a year. It has two plugs.

Works fine for my Pismo, powering it up and keeping it powered.

Also works with curling irons (My Wife's of course), electric shavers, Tape player (Protable Stereo kind, do they still call them getto blasters?)

But have just found an item that blew a fuse in my mini-van, a baby bottle warmer. I don't know the wattage but inverter beeped a couple of times and then the fuse blew, so it warned me.

Replace the fuse and we are good to go.

I see there is a compact one with one plug but I do not know the wattage.

The paper work says it has a safety feature that will not run you battery to the bottom when charging a item (When the car is turned off.) but I have not wanted to test this feature and only charge when the car is running and I turn of and unplug when the car is off.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Heart,

How much do these inverters go for? I don't have a huge need for one but if the price is right....why not?

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The CanadianTire website has the 300W inverter for $59.99. It's listed for $89.99 in their catalog, so that must be a sale price?

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts

That's mine, and at only $59.99 that is a steal.

Funny when I went to the site it said 400w for $59.99.

That is a great deal, I must have paid $89.
The small one plug version is only 75W.

I am not an electricity pro but my Apple Power Adaptor (Yo-Yo version) states that it is a 45W, so the small one should work.

--
Motomaster Eliminator 75 Watt Power Inverter
ONLY $29.99

Household power anywhere!

One household outlet provides a maximum 75 W of power

Converts 12 V DC battery power to 120 V AC household electrical power so you can operate products from your car, truck, boat, SUV or RV

Solid state control circuits provide a maximum 75 W of power, 150 W of surge capacity and 60 W continuous power.

Auto shutdown protects against overload, short-circuit, over temperature and low and high battery condition.

Adjustable lighter plug to accommodate different lighter socket sizes

Internal fuse can be replaced by user in the event of overload

This Motomaster product carries a two year guarantee against defects in workmanship and materials

For technical help and information, call 1-800-670-0707

1 - 6 of 6 Posts