Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it would be helpful to have some of the more experienced players share some tricks with the UT newbies.

Here's one of my favourite moves: use the jump boots as you make your ascent in an elevator. You get a great view and you'll surprise the guy who's already at the top. ;)

Special thanks to our "Godlike" mayor for demonstrating that manoever to me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When you see anyone else in the room, run like hell, press 'T', and beg for mercy.

Well, it works for me at least.

Macman.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by macman:
When you see anyone else in the room, run like hell, press 'T', and beg for mercy.

Well, it works for me at least.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL!!!!!!!! :D :D That's the best!
Oh, my gut hurts from laughing.

·
Registered
507 Posts
8-ball rocket launcher - great 'splash' damage'. Determine where someone will be in 2 secs, by the direction they are running/hopping and fire a salvo there.

Before you get to a 'T' junction, fire a salvo of loose rounds ahead of you, or as you walk by a T-Junction. Easy to get free kills this way.

If you're injured, or had your armor blown away, find some right away, or get healed. Make your way to health packs/kneepads/armor post-haste.

Keep moving - NEVER stop moving. Even if you're looking around, or sniping someone - move around in circles. When chasing someone, don't do a beeline to him, zig-zag your way there - you're harder to hit from behind.

When in a 1-on-1, use your side-step keys while maintaining your sights on your foe.

Crawling/Crouch-moving around reduces foot noise. It's far easier to sneak up on someone this way - and get away with murder.

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE... Launch your own private server and load it up with bots. Start with 'Inexperienced' bots, and work your way up their difficulty levels. Practice makes perfect.

There are lots of tips, but these are the 'common sense' ones.

N.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
My personal favourite tip is to secretly unplug Neil's mouse...

Either that, or wait until he's not expecting it and then distracting him with crumpled up post-it notes lobbed at his head.

Of course, this *IS* a harder tactic when playing via internet... You need a good arm to throw those post-it notes...

:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts