Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, were was everyone tomight around 10:30? No game?

Second, I ended up playing a bot but couldn't control my player right. Whenever I moved I got a red box graphic on the right of the screen that looked somewhat like a telephone jack. Then my player would end up on the other side of the room. It also wouldn't let me pick up heath or weapons. None of which make playing UT any fun. I kinda need all the help I can get. If you've ever played me you know what I mean.

Anyway, if someone could tell me what the hell was going on, I'd love to know.

Thanks,
Macman.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
That little "telephone jack" indicates you were either disconected from the server or (as in your case), the server was having problems and that the connection could not be maintained properly.

Not your fault.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Yeah, I stopped by just after 10pm and found no-one on the server too. So I just went and played Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I had to test out some new custom maps I downloaded.

I assume no-one was playing because the server must have been having problems, the red phone jack symbol indicates some sort of connection problem. In this case I think it was a server problem. Was the server busy doing something else?

Also, can we get another bot, this Iron Giant bot is like Ronin on steroids... tough to kill. Not impossible, mind you.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Rumour has it the Iron Giant bot really *IS* Ronin. Although i can't confirm the steroids part...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Next time just put up a brief post saying that you're going on. Normally, that 's how it works.

If one person says they're going on usually another 3 or 4 will show up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Last night the MTS network was being SYN flooded. Server, unfortunately, went offline at random... it's been fixed as of this am.

I haven't been able to attend any "regular" fragnights - I've had night classes. Ther server is still there for anybody to go all nutsy on, though.

The Iron Giant is only set on "Adept". I could turn it down a bit if you want.

-SJ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts