Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Possible way to unlock iphone for rogers

Hey guys,

As you all may know, over at Main Page - The iPhone Dev Wiki they have created a hack called iASign which allows the iPhone to work with any ATT SIM card. The way this works is every sim associated with ATT has a signed code which is the same to work on the ATT network. Now this hack allows even virtual carriers to work with iPhone.

Now, a few years back Rogers used ATT as their backbone, and hence I believe used their same signed code. I still have a SIM card that says Rogers ATT on it and it works in any cell phone, so i'm assuming whatever that signed code was it is still the same. I don't have an iphone to try it out, but for anyone who has an iphone, try the iASign hack and if you have an old sim that says Rogers ATT on it, try that chip, I believe it may work. Make sure it's the older SIM cards that specifically say ATT on it.

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
My first cells were with Rogers when it was Rogers-Cantel (predating AT&T). They were TDMA phones by Nokia and Ericsson, and included all the network services. GSM was light years ahead in terms of features and signal penetration (now you can often use your cell a few floors underground or in the middle of dense concrete/steel buildings), and in terms of changing handsets whenever you like.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tried itwith older SIM

Hey Guy's I did try iActivator with a Rogers ATT branded SIM and unfortunately had no success I will keep you posted if any solution will

Guy

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I'll put this in a very blunt way. If it was easy, a lot of us would have iPhones right now.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
GSM was light years ahead in terms of features and signal penetration (now you can often use your cell a few floors underground or in the middle of dense concrete/steel buildings), and in terms of changing handsets whenever you like.
It's weird but until earlier this year, none of my GSM phones have ever worked at Granville Station which is 40 metres underground. Only my TDMA Nokia 3360 ever worked down there. They've since put signal repeaters down there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts