Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on EhMac for over a month, but felt I should relay my experience with Apple Direct today after a bungled Store order.

On the 6th, I ordered an Apple Wireless Keyboard, and after a 4-day processing delay (I paid for rapid shipping, but didn't bother to complain to them of the slower ship time), FedEx finally delivered the item. However, even though the Packing slip and waybill indicated that it was an Apple Wireless Keyboard, the actual item was an Apple Keyboard.

I called for an RMA on the item and was shuffled around a bit, but finally got through to a very apologetic sales agent, who promised that i'd get RMA Return labels sent via mail in the next 3 days, to ship the old box back, and that the correct item would be express-shipped to me once I called back with a Tracking #.

Two hours after the RMA call, an Apple Direct (manager?) agent called me back to say that they would not send me RMA Return labels, and would instead immediately ship me the correct item which I had originally tried to purhcase. I asked about the incorrect keyboard and how I was to ship it back, and she told me that sending me an RMA Return packet, then Apple paying for the shipping back to their warehouse, and then shipping back to me the correct item would exceed the cost of the Apple Keyboard and that I am welcome to hold on to the incorrect item FREE OF CHARGE.

Never did I complain, and I was polite and understanding the entire time. I have to say that i'm impressed with Apple's post-sale customer service, and i'll be ordering all my Mac needs through the apple.ca/store from hence forth.

Cheers,

N.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've thought about selling it, but I did get it for free (technically). I may end-up giving it away to a friend, or as a contest item on my site.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Glad to hear everything went well. I had a rather good experience with their tech support when I had troubles with my Airport Base Station (okay, trust be told it was a self-inflicted error that caused the glitch...but they were cool about it). Two different techs called in one day and bing...I was a happy wi-fi'er once again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have always had good exp with APPLE and really I must be strange as I have no complaints about them at all.
Some folks whine "I just bought up to Jaguar (OS X.2) and now they're bringing Panther out!" :mad:

Yeah, and in a business sense, their point is?? :confused:

I am coming to Vancouver tomorrow and hope to find some Mac users up in Surrey :) :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey Neil, when does envymac launch? I check it once a week or so but nothing's happening. A site like envynews for Macs would be great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts