Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read Pogue's review and then watch the very funny video...includes Shawn King as an Apple NDA goon...:lmao:

Link to Review.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Interesting. If you wanted to use it with wifi only, and no phone, would it work in Canada?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Dr.G,

From what I have read, the answer is no, the iPhone will not work at all until you register and activate it through the iTunes site. Now perhaps if and when someone hacks the iPhone, it could be possible?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Merci, MacG. I shall be in NYC in August and wondered that if I bought one there, activated it there, and brought it back to Canada, could I utilize all the features other than the cell phone (for which I have no need).

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Is Shawn the agent who delivers the iPhone to David P.?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Does anyone else wonder why when you see Steve Jobs you never see Shawn King, and vice versa? Sort of like Superman and Clark Kent. Interesting ............

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Read Pogue's review and then watch the very funny video...includes Shawn King as an Apple NDA goon...:lmao:
LOL My wife also appeared and created the opening "headlines and I shot and edited it too. :)

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those lineups were amazing...we'll see what it'll be like when the iPhone finaly makes it's way to CA.

LOL "unknown town of Newport", and here I thought you were still in TN.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Those lineups were amazing...
The video doesn't capture it well enough. I wanted to stop to get better pics but security kept hussling us along.
LOL "unknown town of Newport", and here I thought you were still in TN.
Fox couldn't even get that right - we live in Westport, CT now. :)

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
"Here's the ringer on-off switch, which every phone should have."

Bravo!

Turning the ringer off my cell phones takes several steps, the easiest of which is: press the power button, scroll to another profile, select that other profile.

In fact, just try turning many Nokias on and off, you need specific pressure on a tiny round button.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts