Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it incredibly ironic that someone working for the biggest press failure in Canadian history (the National Post) to decide that Apple is (yet again) dead.

Read this excuse for an article in the Financial Post. Shoot, just what is the point? The National Post may have some good columnists, but this guy isn't one of them.

The contention that Apple has no influence in the market suggests the guy has just gotten back from a 5 year exile in Tibet.

There again, its just the same old flame bait. No need to stick a fork in him, he's carbon.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Yeah, I just read that and sent him a letter. Basically I told him that he and his ilk have been predicting Apple's death for twenty years, and how his article provided few details and clashed with 99% of the rest of the millions of Mac users.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I read the first paragraph (or the one that says he can't get his m515 to sync) and wrote him as technologically challenged.

As if the National Post needs hits on their website?

Sheesh!

John

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
why do they print this kind of drekk
So he cant get palm working, and so he proclaims Apple dead and buried, gimme a break
Flame bait, and he gets paid for this? I wish I could get paid to vent my complaints.
If i had even a nickel for every one of my complaints, blah blah mutter

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
macnutt wrote:
What's the bet that the National Post is written using Macs?

From the article:<blockquote>Few will miss the irony that I am actually writing this column on one of Apple' Computer Inc.'s iBook laptops.</blockquote>

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Thought so. :cool: :D

I've written a few magazine articles and used to draw for a national motorcycle magazine. All were Mac-only. Our local newspaper here on the Rock is Mac and when you watch the Vancouver News Hour you can see Macs everywhere. When the Vancouver News Hour (TV) does their short segment on what's in the local newspaper, they interview one of the editors of this big city paper in the massive room where all of the stories are committed to type by legions of writers and reporters.

It's ALL Macs in the background.

Apparently a lot of CNN is done with Macs. They like the Titanium Powerbook for field stuff too (according to an article in Time magazine...also a Mac friendly publication)

I am in the process of having new labels printed for our product, and have had to deal with the graphics department of the lable company. All Mac, of course.

I am also designing T-shirts for the Top Fuel Harley race team that I'm a part of. I have to work closely with a screen printing company. All Mac there, as well.

I don't care what the other 95% of the world is using...in my world Apple is the dominant computer. PC's are for secretaries and accountants. Mac's are for the creative types who really put the goods out. That's about right, I figure.

I am a happy guy. :cool: :D :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well......

I'm sorry but I just read this article and I can't make any sense of it at all. This guy spews out the most ridiculous statements and claims them to be factual. His praise of Micro$oft and it's supposed victory over the US Justice Department leads me to believe he is working for the "Gates of hell".

Clearly this guys has issues with his own computer but instead of joining a web forum such as this and getting unique support, he has to beat up on the manufacturer of his work tools.

If my Plymouth Acclaim fails to start one morning (dead battery, starter, etc.), should I write an article entitled "Chrysler Goin Down!"

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I like how a lot of reports like this are written. My Palm can't sync, no real mntion of which syncing software he is using or which operating system. He claims that freezes happen all the time, and the the Palm Software (which I have to assume is Palm Desktop) is buggy.

The thing is that Palm Desktop for OS X is anything but. In the brief amount of time I had to use Palm desktop of OS 9 it froze a lot, in the time that I have been using it for OS X (which is almost a year now, since the first public beta they put out) it has never crashed (that I recall).

I think he is still using OS 9. Not that this ia bad thing necessarily, but if he is it could account for some of the software issues (as in not having the latest) as OS 9 is supposedly dead for developers. I would be interested to find out what he is using and what the symptoms are. Maybe we could help out?

If we did maybe he would change his tune?

--PB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts