Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Zeneth Princess
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it might just be a setting but my sister accidentally sat on my keyboard and when i came back to my computer it was messed up.

#1 there is a black bar that I can move around now that says everything I am doing
#2 everytime I try to type into something or click something it like zooms in or something and then I can not see what I am doing
#3 my computer is now singing everything I am doing.

I am sorry if Idont know how to explain it really but ive had this computer over 2 yrs and i have messed with the settings and never seen this before so idk whats going on

·
Registered
704 Posts
I think it might just be a setting but my sister accidentally sat on my keyboard and when i came back to my computer it was messed up.

#1 there is a black bar that I can move around now that says everything I am doing
#2 everytime I try to type into something or click something it like zooms in or something and then I can not see what I am doing
#3 my computer is now singing everything I am doing.

I am sorry if Idont know how to explain it really but ive had this computer over 2 yrs and i have messed with the settings and never seen this before so idk whats going on
It sounds like she turned on the accessibility settings. Go to accessibility in system prefes and look there.

Z.

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Welcome to EhMac

You'll find your questions get even better responses if you make the title more detailed about the question you are asking. "Help - black bar on Mac screen and it's singing" gives the other members more information than "Please Help".

·
Premium Member
15,524 Posts
Welcome to EhMac

You'll find your questions get even better responses if you make the title more detailed about the question you are asking. "Help - black bar on Mac screen and it's singing" gives the other members more information than "Please Help".
And how many years now have such a proper topic suggestion a been suggested, regardless of site, discussion list or listserve???

And it still happens. :(

So typical is something like "My iMac won't start" and then no inclusion of which iMac model or the Mac OS being used as a basic minimum.

And how many iMac models and their various compatible Mac OS versions are still out there and working?? All just too vague without a proper help topic and some included details.

Sorry and you're quite correct, and your post just hit one of my nerves for those posting and often asking for help with such basic much too general subjects and little if any other Mac model/OS info included.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Speaking of posting pet peeves: people who don't provide equipment in a signature and thus force responders to solicit that info, when relevant, in order to provide a useful response.

One mac related forum I frequent requires that or you can't post, a great idea IMHO.

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
Apple computers—now with your personal Ass-triggered ASSistant. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts