Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Please do not PM me!

3K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Timothy J 
G
#1 ·
I get private messages via this board all the time, but since my original username was banned (and I don't know for how long), just a note to people: e-mail me (lars@insideapple.com); do not PM me, please and thank you. I can't check PM's any longer, and will be leaving ehMac indefinitely, even when I'm unbanned.

ehMax - you can delete Lars2 now.

Macspecturum - you owe ehMax $25.00 ;)

#3 ·
I too would like to know why Lar was banned? I find it disturbing that people just "vanish". For example, what has become of lotus? I trust that she is chosing to remain silent on this forum due to other responsibilities, for if someone as gentle as lotus is banned, I can't see any hope for the likes of yours truly....or many other of our citizens.

#5 ·
Dr. G - To my knowledge lotus has not been banned, and it is more then likely RL (real life) is tying things up from allowing lotus to visit more often.

As for Lars being banned (yes it was temporary), it came down a lot to the activities in the Mac Trading Post, which is a place I've rarely ever seen you visit let alone post. The specific thread had to do with Private Apple Computers.

It came from some confusion about post in the Trading Post, and other small factors that added up resulted in the "time out".

#6 ·
Chealion, that RL situation is the more likely scenario re lotus, so your explanation if probable.

Re Lars and the Trading Post, I don't think I have ever gone to that part of the forum, so I have no knowledge of what took place. At least the banishment was for a limited amount of time, which is reasonable.

#7 ·
I wouldn't worry too much about being banned Dr.G

EhMax seems to have a very long fuse and certainly doesn't banish people very often. And it's almost always about something to do with semi-legal software or inappropriate sales of equipment by people who are representing themselves as private citizens while buying and selling large amounts of gear.

He rarely tosses someone out because of what they say or how they say it.

I know this, because...after all.... I'M still here! ;) :cool:

#8 ·
He rarely tosses someone out because of what they say or how they say it.
In this case, it was for what and how he said it- real boneheaded comments, a bit of a rant against the Mayor-just general stupidity...the thread is still there-I hope it gets locked so it can't be altered.
Nothing to do with "semi-legality " or misrepresentation, shady dealings...

#9 ·
I like ya Lars I think your hilarious..but like me there are times that dumb things were said...even though you or me may have not thought so...but in others eyes they were!! and I try to take responsiblity for most of the things I have said and tried to deal better with dumb things I have done and there has been lots!...so cheers man...hope to have you back soon...you and moonsocket are great guys...and glad to know both of you...Mark

#11 ·
Hey No problem moonsocket! I think this site is fantastic...and has alot more going for it than just good mac deals and advice..it's a place that is fun to hang out at...even though my wife does not think so! and like I said before if I ever get the chance to take the wife out to Moncton (my dads from there and I have relatives all over there) and surrounding area...I will buy you guys a beer or so! yours guy's input and sarcasim is what makes the site fun...although too much I guess can get you (Lars into trouble!) oh well..thats life I guess! come on back Lars when you can...Mark

#12 ·
I believe you can speak your mind on ehMac without fear of being banned.

So write with passion. Write with honour. Write with dignity. Write with compassion for the feelings of those reading it.

But use your intellect. Still your personal venom for any one poster. Treat your ehMac neighbours as you would treat your best friend. (Unless of course you treat your best friend badly!
)

Enjoy the experience. God knows I do!

Thanks for the opportunity, and your patience with your creation Mr. Mayor. It very well may become a Canadian institution.

#13 ·
I second Sinc's responsible, realistic and appreciative approach to this forum. I also feel that our mayor has attempted to provide a fine service for us all, and has succeeded. He is worthy of our praise. Kudos to ehMax.

#14 ·
The majority of Lars postings are empty messages like, "Cool!" or, "I wish I had the money to buy that." etc... Or they're complaints about a price or info on where you can buy some product from some dealer in the states for way cheaper than here. :rolleyes: I've had numerous complaints about Lars... but still gave him the benefit of the doubt. That he was probably young and eventual the subtle hints that people where giving him would sink in.

Then, along comes this post from Lars which basically jumps to all these conclusions that aren't true and accuses me of being greedy and wanting to rip off ehMac members so I can line my pockets and lavish myself with expensive gifts.
I'm not even going to dignify that accusation with a responese.

So, Lars has not been banned, he's been given a cool off period. If he wants to come back and start acting more mature, he's free to come back. I'm not looking for an apology or anything, just a certain level of decorum. If he wants to leave for good... That's his loss, not mine.

#17 ·
That's quite the thread, I never actually read exactly what Lars had said until now.

I did write an editorial for Lars website...But quit because
the OS and the browser I was using at the time weren't
compatible with his website...Besides the fact that I hated
being an editorial writer.

In anycase...The kid isn't that bad, He just needs a little
direction and some maturity, We all remember when we
were college kids.

Oh well...Perhaps he'll get some more work done on his
own site now...Who knows.

Dave :cool:

#18 ·
College kid? I had thought "Lars" to be about 14 or 15 years old, given his vocabulary, spelling, grammar and apparent lack of manners, social norms and (what should be by college age) a modicum of "wisdom". I do enjoy his not being able to resist a "price policing", no matter how many times the Mayor asks him politely not to! Priceless! (pun intended).

#19 ·
Age doesn't necessarily guarantee maturity....I am a pretty good example of that.

And youth doesn't necessarily mean bad grammar or bad manners or lack of wisdom and insight.

An example?

Read anything that Chealion has posted here and you will have a hard time believing that this lad is only 18 years old. Just turned 18 BTW! :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.