Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 24" iMac and I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can hookup my Nintendo wii to it so I can play my video games on it instead of having to use my tv? I tried doing a google search but it didn't really give me the answers I need, so I figured I'd go straight to the experts.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Although I haven't tried it myself, I read about using this Elgato device to plug your console on your Mac:
Elgato Systems

I'm not sure if the connectivity is the best and how well it eventually works compared to plugging your Wii on the TV, but you may explore this.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you have a digital camcorder that supports passthru (connect the Wii to the Video IN of the camcorder, and the camcorder to the mac via firewire or usb) you should be able to do it as well....the only problem with this and the Elgato method is that you may encounter some lag when you're playing. You also may not get the full widescreen experience unless you got an HD camera or tuner device.

I used this method to record some videos I posted on YouTube when I first got the Wii...which explains why I sucked so bad at bowling ;)

YouTube - Wii Sports Bowling Training - the quality is great....the game skill, not so much.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Most of the EyeTV have a game mode. However the best would be the TV Hybrid since it isn't doing any compression in the hardware itself.

Connect game consoles to your Mac
Connect your game console and enjoy an excellent live play experience – EyeTV Hybrid’s uncompressed analog video signals appear on the screen with virtually no latency.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn, you guys are good! The Elgato hybrid works perfectly with no time delays. For some reason the picture quality isn't the greatest but hey, you can't have it all. Thanks I really appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts