Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have place here an add concerning a part that I want to buy. I've received 3 offers for a Powerlogix G3 card. One of these gained my interest. A Powerlogix G3 250 from James ehMac ID# 847 and later saw is add named: "What's a good Price for my 8500/G3 250?". PowerLogix PowerForce 250 G3 upgrade fpr PCI mac's. Asking $70 OBO. After two days of search on the web concerning this card I finally decided to buy that card at the asking price plus shipping Postxpress. And when I finally had an answer back the guy wrote me that I do not want to sell it to me. First argument scare about cod. Then I offer cash, bank account deposit etc. Then he respond no Quebec is to far and will cost $15 by ExpressPost. False since I'm buyng and selling in Canada across and knew the price. So I respond wathever you want but I,m buyng it anyway. Then he stated that he have no time to go to the post office since he works. I'm sorry making a deal on computer parts never brought this to me. And his parts are still for sale here. It's not a game for me, I invest time in comparing model and refusing other offer that when I post that I'll buy it at all is request he say no. All my private full name and adress and telephone number have been sent to him already and he back up on me.

Once I decided to buy, I am realy deceided for good and never come back and past to another item to buy. And I prefer to buy in Canada only and directly from a users.

Francois Leduc
[email protected]

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Just like it's illegal on eBay, you shouldn't post something to sell and then not sell it. Sounds to me James is a "deadbeat" seller. Thanks for the warning on him.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Hehe, the 2rd accusation on ehMac in the same month, here we come. :D

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
mis-quoted by Lars:
Just like it's illegal on eBay
Please make sure you understand what is legal and what is illegal

legal and illegal have VERY specific definitions and pertain to common law

Not following the rules of an organization or company is NOT necessarily illegal.

Please be careful in how you choose your words. If not, it could lead to libel and slander

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Actually, when an auction is won on eBay it becomes a legally binding contract, so at the very least if you put something up and then don't ship it out you are in breach of contract, which opens you up to all kinds of legal proceedings if the winning bidder really wants to take it as far as they can.

Fun!

--PB

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you'll need them I have all other personal E Mail we exchanged in the process.
Here is my last E Mail sent:
Subject:
Re: G3 card
Date:
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:23:36 -0400
Francois Leduc <[email protected]>
Organization:
Requiem pour un rebelle
To:
James <[email protected]>

Hello James,

Here I'm giving you the total opportunity to fufill your's engagement.

1- The way and how you want to be paid.
2- The way how and when you want to send me the part.
3- The total cost I will have to assume acquire to the reality.

Remember posting an add and not fullfillyng it is not fair on "ehMac.ca" the same as on "EBay".

Thanks,
Francois Leduc
[email protected]

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
LOL

Nah, Macspectrum is just getting a little too technical about things. However, it makes for good discussion. ;)

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Or at the very least, you'll receive a post with lots of bold words.
I never realised that 4 constituted "lots."

I guess in someone's universe it does.

from dictionary.com
lots - "Informal.
a. A large extent, amount, or number.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
posted by Mon. Leduc;
Remember posting an add and not fullfillyng it is not fair on "ehMac.ca" the same as on "EBay".
Very correct and accurate.

Lars, please take note.

I was going to bold some of the words, but decided against it.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
My 2¢...

ehMac is nothing like eBay in any sense. ehMac is like the foam board by the phone at a grocery store. Feel free to post your items for sale with the little phone number tear off tags type of thing.

There may be etiquette involved, but don't mistake any correspondance on, through or associated with ehMac as any form of legal binding contract. (Read full ehMac User Agreement for some fun, light legaleze reading)

Just because someone has posted an item for sale and someone makes an offer on it, they are in no way obligated to sell the item to the person. They can chose not to sell the item for whatever reason they see fit. It may not be the best etiquette, but maybe the person has there own reasons. I know for myself, sometimes I just get a gut feeling with a buyer and don't feel like selling to someone.

(Which by the way, you can stipulate on eBay that you won't sell to people with no feedback or poor feedback or may end an auction at any time)

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, yes,
But I was ready to send payment in advance the way he want. The fact that in the gap between the days E Mail was exchanged from the two party until I wrote him OK for all is demands he changed his mind for a Quebec reason of delivery that I was fully assuming. No sir I don't take it specially after refusing others offer from member here. The guy seem noy sure of selling anything and ask a good price for his parts that he surely won't get. All the bla, bla, bla won't change my mind. In the Mac market it's the first time I saw that and the chief of the site come at is rescue. How serious can you be supporting a cause without all proof in your hand. All my E Mail contact listed with the seller won't do. I thought that I found a serious place in Canada for once. Everybody seem nice and have feeling of honesty from people here. And you you pointed yourself without facts and state something out of no where. Waths the next step cutting me out of the board ? If the guy changed his mind he could have toll me and I could understand. But no keep digging for info and loose your time for nothing. It's a question of principle Mister that I follow myself and a word gaved is a word gaved. Specially in the Mac market. Your job is to apaised potentionnal conflict not to put gasoline on the fire by presuming that I might be a fellow that is not good enouht to sell to. The argument her are strickly commercial has to exchange money for goods. The same apply to the bussiness who support this web site. They support the site to gain new customer in their place that's all there is. Here the seller and buyer will almost never see each other all is done by computing. If I'm black will you sell me your stuff or prefer a white guy ?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Okay ours, relax, we all would like to see you get what you want but you can't always do that, but if you try sometimes you might get what you need.

Anyway maybe someone else will come up with the upgrade just relax and wait, I know it isn't easy maybe the guy selling the item will change his mind. Everybody here wants the "for sale" thread to work. Mac people will help you don't get upset.

John

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Only James ehMac ID# 847 can say why he didn't sell to you. I don't know what his reasons were. Maybe he was just getting the same bad vibe that I am getting. Let me illustrate something and make it more clear why I posted my message.

You stated in this thread that on Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:23:36 your email contained and I quote "Remember posting an add and not fulfilling it is not fair on "ehMac.ca" the same as on "EBay".

In reality, in the email you forwarded to me with the EXACT time contained and I quote "Remember posting an add and not fulfilling it is illegal on "ehMac.ca" the same as on "EBay".

Why change the wording of the email?

The reason I posted my message was to clarify to you and to everyone that there is absolutely zero, nada, zilch similarity to eBay and ehMac. Emails sent back and forth do not form any legal contract. If someone wants to post 10 things for sale and not sell them to anyone, feel free as you are not doing anything illegal. You will annoy people and they will post messages about you, but nothing illegal is going on.

In you're emails and from the impression that I get from you, you come across as demanding that something be done. The James *HAS* to fulfill the deal. This is simply not the case.

Sure it's poor etiquette to not follow through on deals. And you have a right to post the fact that he didn't follow through on the deal. Just as James has the right say or not say why he didn't sell to you. Some deals just smell like high maintenance.

And the comment about selling to whites only, changing your email to suit your argument... Just confirms to me my initial vibe. :rolleyes:

Last time I checked... how much did it cost to post messages on the Trading Post?

If you want something more formal, go to eBay.ca.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Just so you are even more clear, here again is the T's & C's of the ehMac User Agreement with pertinent items highlighted:

1. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, THE SITE (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE THEREON OR ACCESSED BY MEANS THEREOF) ARE PROVIDED AS IS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, COMPATABILITY, SECURITY, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, EHMAC MAKES NO WARRANTIES AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE USE OF THE SITE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE BY EHMAC. EHMAC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SITE WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR CRITERIA OF PERFORMANCE OR QUALITY, OR THAT THE SITE, INCLUDING FORUMS OR THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE SITE IS OPERATED, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.

2. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, COMMUNICATIONS, CONTENT, OR OTHER MATERIAL (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION SOFTWARE) ACCESSED THROUGH OR OBTAINED BY MEANS OF THE SITE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL EHMAC OR ANY PROVIDER OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS OR NETWORK SERVICES FOR EHMAC OR AFFILIATES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, EVEN IF EHMAC, AFFILIATES, OR THEIR PROVIDERS OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS OR NETWORK SERVICES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU HEREBY RELEASE EHMAC AND THE AFFILIATES FROM ANY AND ALL OBLIGATIONS, LIABILITIES AND CLAIMS IN EXCESS OF THIS LIMITATION.

--

Caveat emptor as they say.

·
Registered
231 Posts
There is not much to say you do not have a deal untill the seller say i'm selling it to you.In this case he took it upon himself to say i was.He offered me an amount and stated he would pay a certain amount for express post to Quebec and COD(By the way he offered $5)I told him i have never sent anything to Quebec for $5 express post and was starting to get a really bad feeling about him since he had already sent me five emails prior about the item which i gave him all the info i myself knew and could look up.So i told him i will pass on his "offer".He keeps emailing me maybe five more times.I'm even polite enough to send him Macdocs way saying this is where i bought my card from check him out.Even after telling him mor eand more time i'm not selling ti to him he still keeps sending me emails and now to post this to the list and slander me is ridiculous.I have dealt with many people on this list in both selling and buying without any problems and have 31+ on eBay for feedback with no negs so i think my reputation stands for it self.I feel sorry now for the other that went through this situation as this should be dealt with privately or through ehMax as i did myself.A deal is when both parties agree, since only one did we obviously did not have a deal.

James

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Again you tranpose my word to get to your already taken conclusion. It easy to crane but we are human being after all and are subject to mistake and we are not perfect. My point was only a question of principle it true on this site I,ve changed a word that I took from a nice fellow here and after the protestation I change it here for fair. Only to fully respect the law because someone came with his big book of exact word etc... But now I am scare to say it it's illegal in the sens of morality not in the sens of the court house. So much for a word or two. Again I am a becoming a bit like you "I hope not" I don't have a good feeling to do bussiness with you. But in the end whats counting is the money and trade not your feeling of doing bussiness with selected people. That why I managed to pull the "if I'm black versus white" nothing else. Not to hide myself under some precept of confusion of any nature like you wrote. I am honest and very polite guy. But when I have a point I make sure everyone who dance with it get it, that's all. Don't come again with your printed rule to served you for answer take your own word man and explain yourself. But I will like to thank's one of the writer from this threads that wrote " Take it easy Ours relax etc" Yes thanks because you really help me to relax a bit. The simple true is so easy to communicate. I am in the selling bussiness for quite a while and can tell you that the supposed seller is not really selling is good. Is not sure but he posted them in case something happen in between. He's scare and probably not used to trade with computer method. But please assure me that if he do that to another user "refuse to sell after all" that someone from your board will only at least ask him why. Nothing more except that I have to recall all other guy who offer me the part I was in searched for. Once again thank's to all but not for you Mayor "sorry but I cannot lie" I have nothing against you. No bad feeling nothing that's it a big nothing. Nothing is not nothing since it's nothing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.